Thinking of trimming my Rumi

jcwirish

I just got this deck and the card stock isn't that great. Some of the corners are peeling and a few cards weren't cut right. I checked the trimming index but didn't find a trimmed Rumi there. I was just wondering if anyone had a trimmed deck and had pics of how it turned out. Or if you have trimmed this deck, how do you like the looks of it now?

Thanks, Johanna

sapienza

I haven't trimmed mine, but I was also very disappointed with the card stock. My corners were peeling and I feared that if I shuffled it they would get worse. I really haven't used it at all. I can't imagine trimming it though. It would be a shame to lose the gold borders.

jcwirish

That's what I'm worried about. I like the gold. Maybe I'll wait, although my 4 year old likes to collect the trimmings and is begging me to do it!

sapienza

Maybe use it for awhile and if the corners get worse, then do it.

nisaba

Mine's actually been quite well-used, and I'm not having any peeling-type issues with the cardstock. It's slightly curled and it could probably do with a dustbath in the old fanning powder, but it certainly isn't damaged in any way.

I don't have it in front of me - but wouldn't trimming it run the risk of harming the balance of all that lovely poetry?

sapienza

The corners of my cards were peeling when I opened the box, I've never been game to shuffle it. Bad batch I guess!

As for harming the balance of the poetry...:bugeyed:....not sure about that one.

jcwirish

There's one card that is definitely cut differently then the others. It's just a bit smaller then the rest. It's very noticeable when you have the deck stacked in a pile. It seems like one side of the card didn't get cut just right. This bothers me more then even the peeling corners because it seems to throw the whole deck off.

sapienza

That would spoil the deck for me as well. Is it worth trying to contact Llewellyn and let them know, perhaps they could send a replacement card. I'm not sure what they are like in that regard, but when one card is a different size from the rest, that sure constitutes a faulty deck in my books. Did you buy it new? If so, you could even take it back to where you purchased it and let them return it to the publisher.

Good luck :)

jcwirish

I actually got it in a trade here, but I can tell the former owner hardly used it. It seems like a new deck, and the book is perfect. The gold at the edges just seems to peel off slightly around the corners without much trouble. I'll have to play with it and look at it more closely. I just got it today in the mail and have had limited time with it. It's too bad because I like so much about the deck in general.

sapienza

What a shame! I'd still try an e-mail to the publisher, it can't hurt.