Clay Inclusions in Quartz Crystal

Astraea

I have become very interested in learning how to scry with crystals and went downtown today to look for a suitable ball. What I was drawn to, however, was a quartz crystal from Brazil with a single point that was brownish in color because it has inclusions of a clay called montmorillorite. A Google search says that this is a clay substance. My attraction to this particular crystal, which was in the very back of a display case, was so strong that I brought it home with me.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with clay inclusions in quartz crystals, and what effects the clay has in combination with the quartz.

Thank you in advance!

Phoenix

I haven't had any clay inclusions in my crystals, but I have had rutile and tourmaline inclusions in quartz. In my experience, they greatly boost the powers of the crystals.

Astraea

Tourmaline and Quartz

Phoenix, thank you for your post -- I have a quartz crystal with black tourmaline inclusions that came to me about a year ago, and I love it! The one I got today feels so good that I know it must be right for me, but I don't have a clue about clay inclusions -- maybe it's something to do with grounding.

The man I got the quartz/black tourmaline from told me that it never needs to be cleaned and protects against radiation and negativity, and I have found that it's true.

Phoenix

I love both tourmaline, and tourmalinated quartz. The are both refreshing crystals.