Balance

Nicehormones

How do you work with the tarot to achieve balance in your life?
Or even the sense of it?

Alpha-Omega

Simply ask the cards "How do I achieve balance" they will let you know.

When there are times of strife and problems the tarot can help give you advice on the issue which leads to balance or harmony in many ways.

nisaba

I know I have issues with balance right about now, because as I was setting up my reading-table for the clients' benefit this afternoon, I dropped two cards out of three or four of the decks as I shuffled, and in all cases I dropped either Judgement and Justice, or Justice and Judgement. Ouch.

<grin>

Alta

Our lives always have a lot of sectors and at any given times are least one is in balance and at least one is out of balance (you incredibly perfect people can stop reading now :) ). I find it helpful to use the cards to not only focus on the out of balance areas but to help the in balance areas stay there. Panta rei and all that.

It helps to approach it when relatively calm, even if the area makes you upset to even think about it. Or to get someone else here to do a reading or two to get the ball rolling. I have one particular out of balance area right now and two recent readings by others here have set my mind in the right direction, though not of course solved it, just gave me a different mindset.

Alta

nisaba

Alta said:
I have one particular out of balance area right now and two recent readings by others here have set my mind in the right direction, though not of course solved it, just gave me a different mindset.
Yep, and that's something that's never stressed enough here: Tarot will never do the necessary work in your life. It tell you what work you have to do in your life, rather than absolving you from the responsibility of doing it.

Nicehormones

I completely agree.

I guess I just haven't been able to come up with the right questions.

SunChariot

Alpha-Omega said:
Simply ask the cards "How do I achieve balance" they will let you know.

When there are times of strife and problems the tarot can help give you advice on the issue which leads to balance or harmony in many ways.

That was exactly my answer too. Whatever you need to know, ask. The cards WILL tell you, just ask.

Babs

jenna

If everything seems crazy and I'm completely off kilter, I ask for specifics:

What's most important to remember this week?
What needs more of my energy and attention?
Where do I need to cut back?
What can I put on the back burner?

SunChariot

Nicehormones said:
I completely agree.

I think you're over-complicating. If you want to know to "work with the tarot to achieve balance in your life?" Just pull out your cards and ask "What is the best way to work with Tarot to achieve balance in my life?"

You could also set it up as a series of steps that you could work on progressively for a period of time. EG 12 cards, 2 cards to work on each month for the next 6 months...each month would be a step that builds on teh former ones. You could set it up like a clock, each 10 minutes representing what you would work on for the next month. Eg if you made the spread in the shape of a clock,

.................................................. 12

(Sorry that's not rounder. :grin:) Then if you started that off next month, 1+2 would be advice to work on for November 09, 3+4 would be for December 09...

Just a thought, arrange it how you will for the time period that feels right to you.

Just a suggestion.:grin:

Babs

SakuraFae

Nicehormones said:
I completely agree.

I usually ask what traits to bring forward and what traits to leave "at the door" for a successful harmonious day.

Or I ask for a card that I'll relate to that will give me something to think about.

I guess the question really is what do you considered balanced? Once you figure out what would make you feel balanced, then you can ask what you can do to achieve it.

Just my take. Wishing you a fruitful journey. :D