PDA

View Full Version : Moon in Sagittarius

GoddessArtemis
22-10-2009, 05:43
Today's moon is in Sagittarius. That is also my own moon placement (1111'04 in house 2) and it has most often been my experience that when the moon is going through Sagittarius, I'm having a great day or mood.

However, in the past 2 moon cycles, when the moon has been in Sag. (such as today), I find that things are not going well for me, I feel crabby, sad, sensitive, sullen, and tearful - more often than not. I'm not sure what has happened in the stars recently to dampen my otherwise cheery mood, esp. when the moon is transiting my own moon.

What should I be looking at? Can this be explained by the stars?

Here's some of my chart, in case someone is willing to help point me in the right direction.

Sun Pisces 1716'20 in house 5
Mercury Aries 324'10 in house 5
Venus Taurus 041'11 in house 7
Mars Taurus 1715'15 in house 7
Saturn Gemini 047'23 in house 8
Neptune Sagittarius 515'21 in house 2
Pluto Libra 104'30 in house 11
Ascendant Scorpio 009'31

Ascendant Scorpio 009'31
2nd House Scorpio 2841'25
3rd House Capricorn 023'59
Imum Coeli Aquarius 409'07
5th House Pisces 655'18
6th House Aries 550'51
Descendant Taurus 009'31
8th House Taurus 2841'25
9th House Cancer 023'59
Medium Coeli Leo 409'07
11th House Virgo 655'18
12th House Libra 550'51

GA

SphinYote
22-10-2009, 07:21
I'd just say your hormones are reconsidering their timing.

My PMS likes to keep me on my toes....for months it'll fall at the same time, then it'll suddenly be a week early or a few days late, stay there for several months, then jump around again.

GoddessArtemis
22-10-2009, 07:23
I'd just say your hormones are reconsidering their timing.

My PMS likes to keep me on my toes....for months it'll fall at the same time, then it'll suddenly be a week early or a few days late, stay there for several months, then jump around again.Hehe, wish it were that simple. But the coincidence with moon in Sag. tells me that's not the case. Besides, if you weren't female, I'd say that was a sexist comment..."oh you must on the rag". :confused:

No, I highly doubt that's the issue here.

GA

SphinYote
22-10-2009, 07:34
Hehe, wish it were that simple. But the coincidence with moon in Sag. tells me that's not the case. Besides, if you weren't female, I'd say that was a sexist comment..."oh you must on the rag". :confused:

No, I highly doubt that's the issue here.

GA

It's always good to look into mundane reasons first.

Off topic, but I find it sexist and denigrating to keep such issues in the closet. We're just getting out of the dark ages of very real and basic human biology being shoved under the carpet as female hysteria and stupidity.

BTW, how does PMS mean "on the rag"? PMS does not equate to having one's period.

GoddessArtemis
22-10-2009, 07:46
It's always good to look into mundane reasons first.Absolutely. But then again, I'd not have posted in astrology if I hadn't gone down the list of mundane.
BTW, how does PMS mean "on the rag"? PMS does not equate to having one's period.PMS is not technically "on the rag"...but it's along the same lines of, "Oh it's a female thing; you're being too hormonal/emotional".

Anyway, if you have any idea(s) on astrological aspects, would love to hear it.

Thanks.

GA

dadsnook2000
22-10-2009, 09:15
The first event, near your lunar return, is that the Moon opposes your natal Saturn in early Gemini, followed a few hours later by contacting your natal Neptune, followed again by the Moon's return to its natal position, and then the next day it squares your Pisces Sun. So, you hop from feeling limited or depressed by what you think others want, followed by fears and distractions to placate yourself, followed by a hyping up of your emotional state, ending up with a struggle to either rationalize your situation or to face it and solve it.

You may want to take some time and see if you use these planetary energies in other ways, now or in the past. If you can let these symbols express themselves in other positive ways then the Moon in Sag won't be ever bad again for you.
Dave

GoddessArtemis
22-10-2009, 09:27
The first event, near your lunar return, is that the Moon opposes your natal Saturn in early Gemini, followed a few hours later by contacting your natal Neptune, followed again by the Moon's return to its natal position, and then the next day it squares your Pisces Sun. So, you hop from feeling limited or depressed by what you think others want, followed by fears and distractions to placate yourself, followed by a hyping up of your emotional state, ending up with a struggle to either rationalize your situation or to face it and solve it.You have it exactly right! This is how I've been feeling the past 2 months, and noticeably (when I've checked) when the moon has been in my natal moon - odd, when normally I used to feel happy, optimistic, and cheerful when the moon in Sag cycle came around. So why is it that the opposition to my Saturn and square to my Sun feels more pronounced over the past 2 moon cycles in Sag than ever before (that I recall)? I don't get what's changed astrologically.

I wish I had your knowledge of astrology to see things "under my nose" as easily as you do! :) I don't, sadly, because I'm still learning about this stuff.
You may want to take some time and see if you use these planetary energies in other ways, now or in the past. If you can let these symbols express themselves in other positive ways then the Moon in Sag won't be ever bad again for you.
DaveI will look into it, for sure. Any websites you can recommend that will help me along this path? I need a bit of astrology-education hand-holding, please. :D

GA

SphinYote
22-10-2009, 23:35
Absolutely. But then again, I'd not have posted in astrology if I hadn't gone down the list of mundane.

Perhaps, but one can't assume that on a message forum. Although the issue is minor here, I've encountered other people on other forums requesting magic spells when they should have seen a doctor, including one girl who had a period that wouldn't stop, who wanted a magic spell to make it stop.

I appreciate that you've done your homework, but I can't justifiably assume that anyone has unless they say so in the original post.

PMS is not technically "on the rag"...but it's along the same lines of, "Oh it's a female thing; you're being too hormonal/emotional".

As someone who does have hormonal issues, I don't appreciate your denigrating of it. It's a part of the human condition.

Anyway, if you have any idea(s) on astrological aspects, would love to hear it.

Astrological forces don't compel, they push us in certain directions. How else would they do that except through the physical body? That's one of the mediums through which they have an effect, and whether a given circumstance is due to an astrological influence or not, it is answerable and can be countered through everyday mundane things.

GoddessArtemis
23-10-2009, 02:26
Astrological forces don't compel, they push us in certain directions. How else would they do that except through the physical body? That's one of the mediums through which they have an effect, and whether a given circumstance is due to an astrological influence or not, it is answerable and can be countered through everyday mundane things.You know, I can appreciate your thoughts on this...but I'll be honest here: this kind of response is off-topic to me. I asked about a specific thing in the astrology forum and I don't find it helpful to get into a philosophical discussion about the female condition, etc.

I am only interested in learning about astrology here and that's it. Of course, you are free to share and discuss whatever you want but I will withdraw from responding to this line of discussion (PMS, etc.) any further because it's not the reason I posted my question.

GA

SphinYote
23-10-2009, 03:37
My apologies for offending you.

However, whenever anything pertains to health, regardless of main topic, it's a basic human responsibility to make medical recommendations, especially when, as I said in my response, you never said you had looked into other possibilities first.

If I were to do otherwise, and allow someone to be in discomfort or in one case possibly dead, then well, I might as well go shoot myself for such ethical irresponsibility.

And the last part wasn't a comment on female conditions, it was a comment on astrology and health in general. Which are interrelated, otherwise you wouldn't bee asking about how astrology relates to a physical symptom, and thus it is quite relevant to this thread.

Carry on. If you're going to verbally slap someone for attempting to help, then perhaps you deserve what you get.

GoddessArtemis
23-10-2009, 03:48
Dave:

If you know of any websites that you'd personally recommend about the effect of lunar transits, that would help a lot.

Thanks.

GA :)

Minderwiz
23-10-2009, 05:50
I can spot a couple of things, relating to Mars at the moment - which perhaps also explains some of your current symptoms.

Progressed Mars in in partile opposition to your Natal Moon.at 11 degrees Gemini, and it's in your natal eigth, so it's not bringing anything particularly nice. In September the opposition had not been perfected, in October, it is now separating. My guess is that the Lunar return triggered the opposition to it's full intensity.

Can you do some self observation over the next month and see if the feelings fade or remain at a low level and of course whether they build up again for your next return.

If you been feeling not only a little emotional but also this has triggered a rather 'snappish' response to situations and people then this may be the root cause and the good news is that it will pass, though it may take another cycle.

GoddessArtemis
23-10-2009, 06:09
I can spot a couple of things, relating to Mars at the moment - which perhaps also explains some of your current symptoms.

Progressed Mars in in partile opposition to your Natal Moon.at 11 degrees Gemini, and it's in your natal eigth, so it's not bringing anything particularly nice. In September the opposition had not been perfected, in October, it is now separating. My guess is that the Lunar return triggered the opposition to it's full intensity.

Can you do some self observation over the next month and see if the feelings fade or remain at a low level and of course whether they build up again for your next return.

If you been feeling not only a little emotional but also this has triggered a rather 'snappish' response to situations and people then this may be the root cause and the good news is that it will pass, though it may take another cycle.Wow, excellent call, Minderwiz! I didn't know about the Mars progression..and yes, it's been the case only in the past 2 times that the moon was in Sagittarius. In fact, normally the water moons are the ones that grab my emotions and toss them around, but definitely not the fire moons...esp. not Sag! However, this might be what's going on.

When you say another cycle...does that mean in Nov. when the moon goes through Sag again? And yes, snappish is definitely on the horizon, and more so than usual...my calm is gone and I feel emotional when the moon has been in Sag the last two cycles...so maybe, that's it.

I will surely keep my eyes on this and see if I feel the same way again. Funny thing is, I don't even pay that much attention to the moon cycles, unless I feel a sudden surge of...well, feelings I don't normally experience at such intensity. In the past two months, each one has fallen in the Sag moon cycle...and seems for no other reason at all. Darn it. ;)

Another month, eh? Holding tight. It's been a bumpy ride!

GA

Minderwiz
23-10-2009, 06:21
Well hopefully you're going to say the feeling has gone away and doesn't return next month. If so the Mars opposition is likely to be the 'cause' of the issue. If it persists then it's something more long term and will need some investigation at several levels.

It does sound very much a Mars/Moon confrontation, Mars is also quite active for you at the moment as transiting Mars is about to hit your MC in the next couple of days

GoddessArtemis
23-10-2009, 06:34
Well hopefully you're going to say the feeling has gone away and doesn't return next month. If so the Mars opposition is likely to be the 'cause' of the issue. If it persists then it's something more long term and will need some investigation at several levels.Goodness, I hope it's not long-term. My life couldn't take this much drama on a long-term basis. :D
It does sound very much a Mars/Moon confrontation, Mars is also quite active for you at the moment as transiting Mars is about to hit your MC in the next couple of daysWhat's the transiting Mars in at this moment? And what happens when it hits my MC? (I might have to hit it back, in my current state! LOL ;)). My natal charts' Mars and MC are in fixed signs (Taurus and Leo, respectively), but I don't know where the transiting Mars is taking me. :bugeyed:

Share? :D

GA

Minderwiz
23-10-2009, 07:42
The transit is exact just after midnight your time on 25th October - i.e. on Sunday. Your MC is in Leo and Mars will reach 4 degrees 08 Leo at that time.

Transits are odd, sometimes nothing comes of them. Usually if they have a significant effect it is as reinforcement to other things that are underway - they indicate the timing.

It's an angular position so it should show up in some way -and it might simply mark the high water mark of the progressed Mars/Natal Moon opposition. Without a lengthy look I can't be sure. There are of course the obvious 10th house issues of career but I'd be looking for other indicators.

I don't think it will necessarily be a bad transit - it might actually give you a bit more verve and drive, At that time Mars is in mutual reception by rulership with the Sun in Scorpio and also has a mutual reception by Terms with Saturn. Thereafter it will begin to transit your tenth house.

GoddessArtemis
23-10-2009, 08:02
The transit is exact just after midnight your time on 25th October - i.e. on Sunday. Your MC is in Leo and Mars will reach 4 degrees 08 Leo at that time.

Transits are odd, sometimes nothing comes of them. Usually if they have a significant effect it is as reinforcement to other things that are underway - they indicate the timing.

It's an angular position so it should show up in some way -and it might simply mark the high water mark of the progressed Mars/Natal Moon opposition. Without a lengthy look I can't be sure. There are of course the obvious 10th house issues of career but I'd be looking for other indicators.

I don't think it will necessarily be a bad transit - it might actually give you a bit more verve and drive, At that time Mars is in mutual reception by rulership with the Sun in Scorpio and also has a mutual reception by Terms with Saturn. Thereafter it will begin to transit your tenth house.Thank you for that explanation! My 10th could use a little pick-me-up. For all that my MC is in it (in Leo, no less), the 10th has been lacking a bit of luster and energy of late.

Maybe it'll be a good thing and make-up for the miserable Sag Moon that got me down. :)

GA