tarot halloween party -game ideas please

faunabay

OK, a friend of mine is having a halloween party in a couple of days. She's got all of us dressing up as our favorite tarot card!!! I thought that was such a great idea!!

But we're looking for some game ideas. We've already decided it would be fun to do some tarot charades - you know draw a card and have to act it out. :D

Does anyone have any other ideas of things we could do?

minrice

You could have a game like "hot potato" only using a deck. Maybe cover it in foil if you wanted to be extra lame, lol ;)

Musical Tarot? Like musical chairs, maybe tape a card on each chair and do it that way.

For the food plates you could tape a tarot image under one or two and those people could get prizes.

I personally enjoy a good game of bobbing for apples...but something tells me bobbing for Tarot decks isn't such a sweet idea ;)

How fun, I want to come to the party!!!

Chronata

I played a game at a tarot party once...

it was a Re-order The Deck game!

Everyone got a well shuffled tarot, and we had a timer. Whoever could put the deck into order the fastest, won that round.

(the order is decided before hand...we went with Majors, Wands, Cups, Swords, Pents)

Finally in the elimination round, we were all given really weird unusual decks, that we were unfamiliar with, and it became a real challenge!

At the end the winner got a prize(a deck of course!)...I lost by 4 seconds!

Chronata

ooh thought of another one! Why not use some of the tarot guessing games in the fun and games section?

I always thought this one would make a good guessing game...

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=33350

have one person choose a card and say what they think it smells like, sounds like, tastes like or feels like, and the others have to guess.

Mateo06

Tarot Scavenger search around the house or yard. Post cards up and you have to find the item its on.

Or hide and item and people have to do readings to find where it is hidden.
what's the game where you have to draw the picture? Tarot Scrabble.
House of Cards.

faunabay

OH! Great ideas everyone - keep 'em coming!!! Thank you so much!!

But minrice I don't think bobbing for tarot decks would work either!!! ROFL

saleeneh

How about what is it called.. pictionary?? Divide in to teams, have a coordinator, have large drawing pads and have the coordinator give each team leader a card they ahve to draw the card and the other members guess what the card is and whoever does it first (or goes through all the team quickest ) wins..

saleeneh

OOps maybe without drawing suits or numbers...

franniee

how about pin a tarot card on the back of each person and have them try to guess who they are? They could be the combo of the card they are dressed as and the card pinned on them.... like outwardly they are the star but underneath it all they are death! :eek: they have to mingle and figure out who they are. :D

faunabay

Oh great idea franniee!!! woohoo we've got a bunch of wonderful ideas for the party. I can't wait. :D

It's only a day away and I can't decide what card I want to go as. I've got a couple ideas but can't decide which one. LOL I'm also going to go out to a couple good will stores today and see if I can find something really cool. :p