Friend present at readings

Gazel

Hello guys.
recently I read for a very nice woman who after the reading send one of her friends along, and I read for her a couple of days later. Now the same lady has asked me if I can read for another friend, only that this friend want her to be present.
Of course I do want to read for her friend, but I would not want her to be present (I think it will somehow change the energy of the reading). So I will say that I come to their place, do the reading while she is another room, and then they can discuss it later, if they want.
To be honest I have read for a friend's sister while my friend was present, but I see this more like a private reading, while this is more "professional" though I do not charge for it (yet).
What do you think?
Love, Gazel.

Golden Moon

Gazel said:
...but I see this more like a private reading, while this is more "professional" though I do not charge for it (yet).
What do you think?
Love, Gazel.

I think you, as a reader, are in your right to set your rules as well as you own boundaries. If thats how much you value your one-on-one sessions with your clients and yourself, and feel like having a second party present as an invation, then you let them know before you even read for them. And if your client stills brings his/her friend(s) with him/her, you go ahead and repeate your rules and boundaries;).

nisaba

they may be slightly offended, or may resist if you simply say it bluntly.

I'd tend to say that if someone sits in, the information doesn't flow as well.

Which isn't a lie, because if you are uncomfortable, the information *doesn't* flow as well. If they really need to hear each other's readings, suggest politely that they bring some kind of recorder along and record the readings to listen to later.

Worst reading I ever did was for an immigrant lady with her sister.

Her sister sat in because she was the only one who spoke English. Except, she didn't. I ended up speaking in a mixture of baby-English and mime, slowly and clearly, repeating myself twenty times, before she could even translate a few single words of Foreign to her sister who was the client.

I felt bad about it. It was in a new age shop, so of course their time-limit and fee-structure applied, and I had very little say over it. By the end of their $35 half-hour, they'd had less than $2 of information, because comprehension on the part of the translator was a huge problem. Then again, I have no way of knowing whether a single thing I said was translated properly.

They smiled and paid, but I felt bad, and I didn't have enough control of the situation to say to the woman behind the till that I didn't want a fee for it. they were disappointed in the reading, and I was disappointed in myself. I didn't use that particular deck again for weeks.

If I travel overseas, I wouldn't dream of getting a reading from someone I don't share a language with - I'd be acutely aware of how much of the reading I'd be missing. Might as well just pack a deck.

Rev_Vesta

I think it really does depend on the clients....

I have had several readings when friends turn up together for readings..... but i think it does not matter so much because i type up the readings so no actual discussion about the reading unless a client has a question...........takes place..... and they can either share or not...

You could try typing up a reading if it works for you....

take care... always do what is right for you and your client...

Vesta

Gazel

Thanx for your answers
I have now written an email back to her, and offering that I'm visiting them and reading for her friend (and should she want it for her too). But seperately.
I tried to explain politely that the reading will more precise and intense on a one-to-one basis.
Love, G.