Dissatisfied.

Amary

It seems wrong to be posting this on a day as glorious as today, but I did a reading for skeptic this morning, and I'm frustrated because he gave me NO FEEDBACK. It was like reading for a brick wall. Well, actually, what he DID say was, "Well, it's not like you don't KNOW about my last relationship ending, and the rest of it just seems like it could fit anyone." I pointed out that if I pulled those same cards for myself they wouldn't make any sense at all.

But he refused to give me any parameters at all to work within- and then said, "Well you didn't tell me what I was expecting to hear about." I said, "Maybe you don't need to focus on that." But what was he expecting to hear about? No idea. No idea at all even what the reading was about- I'm not good enough to be specific, and his cynicism was making me jumpy and not very intuitive.

I would like to think I did well, and that is why he didn't immediately say, "Oh, no, you're wrong", but for all I know he was just being nice.

Blargh.

Sulis

I'm afraid that's just the way it goes. When you read for the general public you often don't get feedback and you often get skeptics.
Reading here on the forum, you get feedback because we're a learning venue. You shouldn't really expect feedback from Joe Public then it's a bonus when you get some.

It's his reading, not yours. The reading is about the sitter remember, not the reader.

Amary

I know, and I didn't push. It was interesting, because all during the reading he kept saying to my husband, "You know what's going on, You know what I'm thinking about", and afterwards I asked DH if I was accurate or way off the mark (without asking for details), and he looked utterly baffled and said, "I have no idea." So I'm thinking it was about something that the friend is not focusing on right now- but should be.

I just found it very dissatisfying because he challenged me to prove myself and I still have no idea whether I did or not. :/

Grizabella

You need a t-shirt that says, "I read cards, I don't read minds!" I'm serious. Tell him that next time you see him.

As Sulis said, we don't expect feedback except on AT. Or maybe in a situation where you tell them up front that you'll read for them but you'd like feedback in return.

Don't worry about it. He'll probably be back. ;)

gregory

Amary said:
I know, and I didn't push. It was interesting, because all during the reading he kept saying to my husband, "You know what's going on, You know what I'm thinking about", and afterwards I asked DH if I was accurate or way off the mark (without asking for details), and he looked utterly baffled and said, "I have no idea." So I'm thinking it was about something that the friend is not focusing on right now- but should be.

I just found it very dissatisfying because he challenged me to prove myself and I still have no idea whether I did or not. :/
PROOF ?

Only his thinking about it can ever provide that. Don't worry about it. It's just part of the rich tapestry of etc, as my granny used to say. :)

Briar Rose

In my opinion, I wouldn't take it personally. You knew before he was a skeptic. Skeptics like to remain skeptic. You could have been very correct about everything or one thing. Maybe that person wasn't emotionally prepared to deal with the reading? You will never know with a skeptic.

It's like being stripped naked and asking, "How do I look?" and then the person tells the truth!

Regardless of trival we think something is, we can strike a deep cord and not even know it.

Relax. Not everybody is good at feedback, and not everyone will let you know how well you did.

You'll be fine.

Muir Aingeal

He won't be the last skeptic you'll run into. You'll read for all kinds of people if you put yourself out there, skeptics, people who like to look up the cards themselves after you've pulled them, people who give you nice feedback and are amazed with your readings, people who tell you nothing resonated with them and etc! you get my point.

It just comes along with reading for the public. I wouldn't let it bother you because its expected.

nisaba

A friend of your husband's presuming on the friendship? Well, tell him, if you get a chance, that there are 78 cards and billions of possible things he might have been thinking about. Tell him that it's up to HIM to draw the parallels between the messages of his cards and whatever is in his mind. That he's not a baby, and you're damned if you're going to spoonfeed someone who's fully toilet-trained.

One day his current or future wife will thank you.

SunChariot

Amary said:
It seems wrong to be posting this on a day as glorious as today, but I did a reading for skeptic this morning, and I'm frustrated because he gave me NO FEEDBACK. It was like reading for a brick wall. Well, actually, what he DID say was, "Well, it's not like you don't KNOW about my last relationship ending, and the rest of it just seems like it could fit anyone." I pointed out that if I pulled those same cards for myself they wouldn't make any sense at all.

But he refused to give me any parameters at all to work within- and then said, "Well you didn't tell me what I was expecting to hear about." I said, "Maybe you don't need to focus on that." But what was he expecting to hear about? No idea. No idea at all even what the reading was about- I'm not good enough to be specific, and his cynicism was making me jumpy and not very intuitive.

I would like to think I did well, and that is why he didn't immediately say, "Oh, no, you're wrong", but for all I know he was just being nice.

Blargh.

I don't think you should go into a reading expecting to hear a specific answer. If you have a specific topic you want to hear about that should be made part of the question. If you don't specify then you just have to trust that the cards told you what you most needed to know.

Babs

iceclone

I read it somewhere (gosh I need to find that book) that you shouldn't read to people who are just testing you because that person is not really open to the truth (or not ready yet).

It's his loss. The problem with skeptics is that they are afraid to accept anything so that they can prove that they are right.