That feeling when you first pick up your cards

AmethystEyes

Does anyone else get that. The first time you pick up your deck one day to use it and start to shuffle and it just feels good? Close to your cards. I can't really explain it. I swear in love with them :laugh:

nisaba

... and your hands warm up around them until there's an almost-visible glow spreading out, and you just want to shuffle forever.

Nope, I wouldn't have any idea what you're talking about!

Disa

When you're suddenly calm and you feel like you are in the presence of an old friend who knows everything about you and likes you anyway? Nah-I never get that ;)

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
... and your hands warm up around them until there's an almost-visible glow spreading out, and you just want to shuffle forever
And then you have to go to work. I always find that I really need to bond with my decks when I have to dash out to work. Anyone else have this?

nisaba

This is a prime example of why they actually have to *pay* people to get them to do any work - it has such a horrible impact on your life that they need to bribe you into it or else you wouldn't do it! <grin>

zan_chan

Le Fanu said:
And then you have to go to work. I always find that I really need to bond with my decks when I have to dash out to work. Anyone else have this?

argh! everyday, yes! i always manage to do my daily draws when I'm already about 5 minutes late for the train I need to be on. drives me crazy every morning. just today, Anna K had a seemingly very important message for me (tower, 6wands, sun), and I had no choice but to leave her dry.

i never love my cards more than when I have to leave them. well, now I'm just starting to sound like emily bronte...

thorhammer

zan_chan said:
argh! everyday, yes! i always manage to do my daily draws when I'm already about 5 minutes late for the train I need to be on. drives me crazy every morning. just today, Anna K had a seemingly very important message for me (tower, 6wands, sun), and I had no choice but to leave her dry.
See, this is why I do my three-card daily reading at night. I take my cards, pen and journal to bed, prop up with my cat and maybe a cup of tea, and read to my heart's content. Sometimes I leave it too late and end up having to cut it short out of tiredness, but mostly it's a precious time of day.

And yes, I do get that feeling. But really only with two decks - the Wheel of change which I have shuffled so much it's almost like fabric now :D and the trimmed Thoth . . . although that one seems to put up a fight most times, at least for the first few minutes ;) It wants to be wooed . . .

\m/ Kat

nisaba

Zan-Chan - you remember the cards in question. Any chance of laying them out at a later time when you can spend some serious time with them?

I sometimes do revisit readings, it's not a bad thing to do.

zan_chan

nisaba said:
Zan-Chan - you remember the cards in question. Any chance of laying them out at a later time when you can spend some serious time with them?

I sometimes do revisit readings, it's not a bad thing to do.

That's a nice idea actually. Even at my latest, I always try, if nothing else, to journal which cards they were, to be able to think about it later on. I've never actually re-laid out the cards though-- will try next time. Anything to please Anna!

I like this thread, though. There really is no warmer feeling than getting the cards out of their bag and mentally preparing for whatever they need to tell you. Even just having them in their bag near me as I'm writing this feels nice.

iceclone

zan_chan said:

i never love my cards more than when I have to leave them. well, now I'm just starting to sound like emily bronte...

I did a reading before my job interview and I was almost late because of that... lol.