Does anyone have an idea?

archer1

I have been using tarot for about 4 yrs maybe 5. I can read for other people but seem to go blank when it comes to reading for myself anyone else have this issue? Is there something I am doing or not doing when it comes to myself....

Grizabella

I can't read for myself very well. Some people can, some can't. Sometimes it's just hard for a person to be objective about themselves and their own problems.

papercut

You could try drawing a single card for yourself every morning regarding the day ahead for a while. If you start off with simple readings at first, you might find it becomes easier with time.

Reading for yourself vs reading for others is certainly different though ...

SarahRacheal

I found that when I first started I had problems reading for myself, the advice I was given and found worked for me was write your questions down then read as if its for another person, sounds silly I know but it worked for me.
hope it helps
Sarah x

TarotGirlUK

archer1 said:
I have been using tarot for about 4 yrs maybe 5. I can read for other people but seem to go blank when it comes to reading for myself anyone else have this issue? Is there something I am doing or not doing when it comes to myself....

In my personal experience, I don't really read for myself unless there is a BIG issue and I am clueless about what to do. And then I don't expect too much, I just see what jumps out at me, or see if there are any obvious traits in the cards and work from there. I try to keep it simple :)

I do draw a card for the day which suggests the influences for that day so I can see what to keep an eye for. Or I ask what I need to look out for that day. That normally stop me running into trouble :) And if I don't have any idea what the cards are on about, I still think about them and end up learning a lot about them as I try to apply them to things throughout the day :)

firefrost

Grizabella said:
I can't read for myself very well. Some people can, some can't. Sometimes it's just hard for a person to be objective about themselves and their own problems.

I agree with this. I stopped trying to read for myself long ago, when a friend (who's a good reader and ended up doing a reading for me) told me she could never be objective enough to read for herself, and that seemed to be my problem too.

Mike Valentine

I personally have no problem reading for myself. I can just kind of tell what the cards are saying. But, when reading for others I always mess it up and the cards make no sense. So instead, I do online readings, alone, with pretty good results, which I email to the querent. I am still just a beginner but it works for me.

KafkasGhost

Very similar to Sarah Racheal's suggestion, write down your question AND write down your response. It kind of becomes free-association writing and pretty soon you'll see a message coming through.

You can start with something as basic as describing what you see in the card and that may jumpstart some other ideas that will get you rolling.

If your tarot goal is to learn to read the cards for others, then it's okay that you cannot read for yourself. If you wish to explore tarot for your own personal and/or spiritual development, then find whatever methods will help you do that, rather than relying on someone to read for you.

The same objectivity and empathy I develop when reading for others is the same I attempt to employ when reading for myself.

I think it will come for you in time.

BeyondtheVeil

It's not just you. I can read for myself as long as I am not upset about something related to the reading. I can do general type readings for myself which may or may not tell me something important or "bad". If though I start the reading to find out something like {is someone cheating on me, am I going to die, or something that already has me upset} then NO .. I can not read for myself at all. So now I have learned to just ask my buddy who can. lol

I can and do read for other things for myself though. It works as long as I am not really emotional or emotionally involved. If that makes sense.

BeyondtheVeil