Protecting oneself...

Beebs_94

Hey everyone, i have a quick question!

Lately, whenever i read my tarot cards, im always afraid that im going to get stuck with some negative engery thats going to affect my life. I usually wasnt like this before, but ever since my mom said that playing with tarot cards could lead to negative spirits attaching to oneself, ive been scared! Before i start my readings, i light a white candle and ask for protection for myself (and my little dog cause hes always around me) from anything bad.

I guess my question would be about what kind of things you guys all do to ask for protection?

Wendywu

What do I need protection from? I'm the scariest thing in the house .....

Nah seriously, I don't feel I need protection when I read cards. Other times, doing other things then I would think about it but not for reading.

RexMalaki

good question...

I've heard the same thing your Mom is saying.

...but I don't have a good answer.

It seems the protection method would depend on the belief system.

Prayer, Casting a Circle, Amulet, Affirmation...the list goes on.

Anyone else?

Nytebugg

I don't do anything. It's not something I have ever felt the need to do.
If it makes you feel comfortable than continue doing it. I once had a reading done and that reader said a quick prayer before starting.

Briar Rose

In my opinion, there is nothing attached to the cards. We chose the energy we want around us. Now, if I could just figure out a way to unchose some of the stuff I feel.

moonsoul

I'm sorry your mom scared you. Using tarot cards is just like using playing cards. It won't attract evil spirits in my opinion. I don't do anything to ask for protection but I try to remember to thank whatever's out there providing the answers for the insight.

zan_chan

The only thing I could imagine you would need protection from is possibly paper cuts, so if I were asking for protection from anyone, I would go with Johnson & Johnson.

alonewiththesea

What I do is

Well in my opinion there are people who vibrate low on a negative plane who I can feel darkness from, there are other people who vibrate high with little negative feelings or none. I pray and ask for guidance while i shuffle the cards and also pray that *i believe in god* god release the negative energy from this person.

It goes person to person. If i feel I have had a negative experiance with a friend or family member during a reading after wards i reshuffle the deck and pray for the energy to be released. Try setting them by a closed window during a full moon period i do this sometimes close the window in case it rains >.< leave them out over night.

alonewiththesea

Moonboy

..there is NOTHING to fear....I guarentee it:)

Beebs_94

Wow you guys, thanks for your insight!

I think just for good measure im going to keep saying a little prayer before i start my readings...Its quite funny how the opinion of just one person can sway what you think...i never used to ask for any kind of protection before. Well, i guess things change!

and zan_chan, your funny lol!