PDA

View Full Version : what herbs to use for cleansing crystals?

gorgeousbutterfly
01-11-2009, 16:21
When i cleanse my crystals with salt, i want to add some herbs too, what can i use?

druidicseer
03-11-2009, 01:25
for crystal balls you should use an infusion of mugwort and wipe it down with the infusion. sometimes when i cleanse my pendulam i put thyme and or rosemary in with the salt . or sometimes i even put it in the sunlight and or moonlight for afew hours. also dont forget about the traditional sage smudge

EarthFaery
03-11-2009, 08:16
Sage and lavender smudging are the only herbs I've ever used. You should just use whatever your intuition tells you to use, but in my experience working with crystals I would think it's possible the crystal will take on the properties of the herb if you know what I mean, like a way of programing rather than cleansing. That's just my opinion though, I have never used herbs to cleanse mine :) Just salt water (and a toothbrush cleaning the dirt and dust off), and outside (weather permitting) at least 1 out of the 3 days of the full moon, the other 2 days the moonlight will shine on my altar where I keep them all. I did mine last night matter of fact :) I like to put them out on a chilly night, something about the natural condensation in the morning gives them a little extra, I think. It's kind of a pain to lug them out and back in (2 tray tables packed full, 2 plates and a basket!) but they feel so refreshed and energized the next day, I love that.

druidicseer
04-11-2009, 02:17
i wish i could do that but people might steal them :( lol. i usually just put them on my windowsill if i require or desire that type of energy. i dont usually use salt water because it can cause some crystals colours to fade. also sometimes i bury them for up to 7 days. works good but it messy :D

Eyes Wide Open
10-11-2009, 05:20
[QUOTE=SMV]Sage and lavender smudging are the only herbs I've ever used. You should just use whatever your intuition tells you to use, but in my experience working with crystals I would think it's possible the crystal will take on the properties of the herb if you know what I mean, like a way of programing rather than cleansing.

Hmmm interesting thought and one I haven't had :D. That sounds like a terrific way to program them for extra "juice" when healing, especially on an on-going basis, oh. like someone with a chronic disease for example.