what herbs to use for cleansing crystals?

gorgeousbutterfly

When i cleanse my crystals with salt, i want to add some herbs too, what can i use?

druidicseer

for crystal balls you should use an infusion of mugwort and wipe it down with the infusion. sometimes when i cleanse my pendulam i put thyme and or rosemary in with the salt . or sometimes i even put it in the sunlight and or moonlight for afew hours. also dont forget about the traditional sage smudge

EarthFaery

Sage and lavender smudging are the only herbs I've ever used. You should just use whatever your intuition tells you to use, but in my experience working with crystals I would think it's possible the crystal will take on the properties of the herb if you know what I mean, like a way of programing rather than cleansing. That's just my opinion though, I have never used herbs to cleanse mine :) Just salt water (and a toothbrush cleaning the dirt and dust off), and outside (weather permitting) at least 1 out of the 3 days of the full moon, the other 2 days the moonlight will shine on my altar where I keep them all. I did mine last night matter of fact :) I like to put them out on a chilly night, something about the natural condensation in the morning gives them a little extra, I think. It's kind of a pain to lug them out and back in (2 tray tables packed full, 2 plates and a basket!) but they feel so refreshed and energized the next day, I love that.

druidicseer

i wish i could do that but people might steal them :( lol. i usually just put them on my windowsill if i require or desire that type of energy. i dont usually use salt water because it can cause some crystals colours to fade. also sometimes i bury them for up to 7 days. works good but it messy :D

Eyes Wide Open

SMV said:
Sage and lavender smudging are the only herbs I've ever used. You should just use whatever your intuition tells you to use, but in my experience working with crystals I would think it's possible the crystal will take on the properties of the herb if you know what I mean, like a way of programing rather than cleansing.

Hmmm interesting thought and one I haven't had :D. That sounds like a terrific way to program them for extra "juice" when healing, especially on an on-going basis, oh. like someone with a chronic disease for example.