PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't everyone's last time of activity show?

Grizabella
02-11-2009, 06:33
Why is it that on some profiles, it shows the last time they were active on AT and on others it doesn't?

Debra
02-11-2009, 06:36
Because you can "hide" your presence on the forum so your name doesn't come up as on-line on the bottom of the opening page or under "who's online" in the quick links. Also if someone is banned I believe that information is also not visible.

To go to "invisible mode" click Quick Links > Edit Options.

Debra
02-11-2009, 06:37
See? I used to be here, and now I'm not :P

Grizabella
02-11-2009, 07:17
Oh, I see. So if they're banned or they choose to be invisible it won't show.

But when I've been invisible, I can see myself on the "Who's Online" and the list of people here, but nobody else can see me, I take it. I get it now.

Emily
02-11-2009, 20:08
I tend to stop in the invisible mode because I don't like the 'who's online' thingy - just by one little click you can see just exactly where everyone is, when the forum was changed to this software (a few years ago now), it was the one feature I didn't and still don't like.

gregory
03-11-2009, 00:35
You wanna watch me, watch me })

TarotGirlUK
03-11-2009, 00:48
I don't want people to know how much time I spend on here :D

gregory
03-11-2009, 01:36
You made that post 46 minutes ago..... ;)

TarotGirlUK
03-11-2009, 01:45
You made that post 46 minutes ago..... ;)

D'oh!

SphinYote
03-11-2009, 02:33
Because you can "hide" your presence on the forum so your name doesn't come up as on-line on the bottom of the opening page or under "who's online" in the quick links. Also if someone is banned I believe that information is also not visible.

To go to "invisible mode" click Quick Links > Edit Options.

Do subscribers have different options? I'm not a subscriber and I don't have any "who's online" in my Quick Links menu.

EarthFaery
03-11-2009, 05:06
Hahahaha, I didn't even know there was a quick link to view who's online and what forum they are in! I think I've gone into quick links maybe once or twice. lol. It's sort of stalker~ish and a little bit creepy :joke:

But, I did notice that some profiles don't show last activity.
I always thought that defeated the purpose of going in stealth mode, but I guess not if I'm the only 1 who can see it :)

TarotGirlUK
03-11-2009, 05:29
Do subscribers have different options? I'm not a subscriber and I don't have any "who's online" in my Quick Links menu.

I'm not subscribing and I go the options...

UserCP - edit options - look for tick box

Solandia
03-11-2009, 12:25

Yes, Who's Online is only visible to subscribers. Here's the full list of subscriber features...

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/forum/subscribe_details.shtml

~ Solandia