For Someone New To Tarot To Help You

alonewiththesea

Alright well I was starting out with tarot and very inexperianced when I got frustrated that I was not really able to learn basic card meanings I knew trust intuition but i didnt learn what that ment until later, when people say that it can be overwhemlming and make you feel like its something you will never learn well. I compiled a list of meanings from various books and the booklets inside my tarot decks and went to the store I used the old RW deck for my first copy of this and have given them away now but since then i have been studying tarot cards with a friend for better understanding i bought her a deck which i have been using lol and she asked me to do what i did with my old deck with this new deck.
What i did: I went to the store and bought sticker labels they are not very big but big enough to write a general meaning and a white small strip for the top of the cards
i went back through some of the decks booklets and recreated this for her deck and took pictures i will be giving these cards to her for help on this i labeled each of the minors in different colors depending on what they were cups-yellow pents- green ect.

i decided since it helped me learn and now its going to be helping her learn as well maybe youd find it useful so i have taken pictures of this to show you what i have done.

i found after doing this and getting a general idea i was then able to just look at the picture and get a feel for what they ment sometimes to me it was different than text book when combined with different cards and from there i have learned trusting what i learned to be intuition does alot but we all have to start some where. Please give me feed back if this helps you. Took me only a day *few hours* to do so its not a daunting task
good luck!!

2igylix.jpg

and

2lkwbb7.jpg

ana luisa

That looks like a lot of work but I'm glad it worked. Your post reminded me of a deck that addresses "memory" and "meanings" a lot. It is not my deck of choice but it feels very user friendly and you may want to have a look:

http://www.janetboyer.com/Tell_Me_Tarot.html

Good luck with your readings! :)

jantigercat

What a great idea! :)

By the way, your Universal Waite deck's back is quite glossy. It is laminated? I have the UW deck printed in Belgium and yes, it is paper and after two months of using it, the back had started to face out.

Jan

alonewiththesea

ana luisa said:
That looks like a lot of work but I'm glad it worked. Your post reminded me of a deck that addresses "memory" and "meanings" a lot. It is not my deck of choice but it feels very user friendly and you may want to have a look:

http://www.janetboyer.com/Tell_Me_Tarot.html

Good luck with your readings! :)

Yeah it was alot of work but i think thats what helped me so much i got to spend individual time with each card looking them up one at a time spending time with the pictures and meanings from a few different sources for different ideas. This is the 2nd deck i have made just did this for someone who didnt want that experiance lol.

jantigercat said:
What a great idea! :)

By the way, your Universal Waite deck's back is quite glossy. It is laminated? I have the UW deck printed in Belgium and yes, it is paper and after two months of using it, the back had started to face out.

Jan

THANKS and i just bought this one for her mine is actually not glossy like that but to be honest i never know how to tell laminated or not i assume so the deck is very very slick and i got my UW deck from ebay awhile ago. I just recreated what i did for myself for her because i thought it would be helpful and i was asked to. Sorry the back faded out my cards are starting to fade and the pictures on the front had starting to get wear and tear but its a was a well used deck i just used to play games with it when i started it got worn so i did this with it then gave it away =[ miss it.

WalesWoman

It was probably doing all that work yourself that helped you most. Doing it several time really reinforces what you have learned.

It is a great idea for a learning curve, and beats looking at several websites, books and LWB's when trying to read a spread. But I'll bet that the best way for your friend to learn or anyone else would be to hand them the pen and stickies, let them borrow your books, give them the urls to your favorite learning sites and let them fill in the blanks themselves with what they discover... there is so much. But I do understand.

Now you have a great idea to in cash on, once you figure out how to print up "cliff note" stickies for tarot studies. I'm sure there would be people willing to buy these, rather than marking up a deck or buying the books or doing all that research themselves.