Anyone looking for a tarot bag for big cards?

zan_chan

Hi All,

Back from a day out shopping in downtown Tokyo today, and, while being dragged around a homegoods store, came upon a nice drawstring bag. It's made of a cream/white cotton-muslin, and has burgundy-colored ribbon drawstrings. Best part was that it was only, in USD, about $.80 haha. So I bought a few of them, but noticed when I got home that I underestimated their size just a little. They are just a bit bigger than standard, but seem to be perfect for a big-size deck. I've just put my Druidcraft in one, and its a perfect fit.

The reason I mention is because I was just thinking that if anyone would like one I'd be happy to send one to you --especially if you live in an out-of-the-way place, or somewhere, let's say, culturally different, like myself, and don't usually expect to find anything similar in a store. They're so light, and when purchased come rolled up in a tie, so I could probably just mail it in a standard envelope for no-more-than-a-letter shipping cost.

I just thought it was really nice to find something nice and cheap, but so useful! in a shop here in Tokyo (!), that it made me want to spread a little love. I was also feeling kind of yucky all day about the way that <other> thread was going the last couple of days, and I thought that we could all use something to help turn our mood around a little. :-D

So if anyone would like a slightly oversized, but totally lovely drawstring bag, straight from Tokyo, please just respond here, and PM me a shipping address, and I'd be happy to send a little love :)

Here's a picture. I put it next to the Druidcraft companion book so you can compare the size. Also, you can see the outline of the Druidcraft deck inside, to get more of an idea.

[Also, please remember that my time zone might be a bit opposite yours, depending. So if you don't hear back from me right away, I'm probably sleeping or working. (Though who am I kidding, 80% of my workday is AT by iPhone haha)]

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 167

moderndayruth

What a great bag and what an awesome attitude! :thumbsup:
My mom's friend crocheted a bag bag for my Venice Tarot and my Tarot of Paris got its bag from my cousin abroad, so my "big decks" are fine - but, living in one of those culturally different places, i can imagine how happy you were when you made your discovery! :D
And how absolutely kind is your offer! That is SO the spirit of AT! :heart:

lunakasha

That is such a lovely bag.....and the price was right! :D

Very kind of you to share your find with us, zan_chan!

:) Luna

faerieluca

awesome! i have so many big decks that won't fit in anything

itskelvinkkc

nice ! I always have to put big cards inside a box or somewhere very safe. It's very annoying sometimes. I mean, I just want to carry it to somewhere ... and I can't, cause it's too big and it's hard to carry. But this bag seemed perfect! O.O

zan_chan

Thanks for your replies :) And, no trouble at all. I bought maybe 10 or 12 of them I think, so there are plenty to go around.

Faerieluca, I'll send you one as soon as I have a chance to get to the post office. Enjoy!

If anyone else would like one, just let me know :-D

-Zan

DragonFae

Oh me please.....I would simply love one...I need bags desperately....lol

zan_chan

Can do, Dragonfae. Just PM the address to ship to, and I'll send it out when I can...

zan_chan

Hey gang-- thanks for PMs. I'll be heading to the post office on Saturday, so the bags should be arriving late next week sometime, I'd imagine. :-D

There are still a bunch left, meanwhile, if anyone else is interested.

nisaba

If (and only if) you have one left by the time you scamper to the post office, count me in. I can always use more bags (and watered-silk tie-dyed silk squares).