what do y'all charge for parties?

3crows

Hi Folks, I've been asked to do a few parties for the holidays, and I have no idea what to charge. Can you let me know what you charge for a party? I'm in the Boston, MA area of U.S. I was thinking flat fee of $200 / night. But how long should I stay? How many people should I read? It looks like there will be about 8 people. yikes, I'm clueless!
thanks in advance!
3crows

celticnoodle

3crows said:
Hi Folks, I've been asked to do a few parties for the holidays, and I have no idea what to charge. Can you let me know what you charge for a party? I'm in the Boston, MA area of U.S. I was thinking flat fee of $200 / night. But how long should I stay? How many people should I read? It looks like there will be about 8 people. yikes, I'm clueless!
thanks in advance!
3crows

I think perhaps $200.00 for 8 people is a good price for the Boston, MA area. that works out to only $25.00 per person. not bad--actually a darn good price for a tarot card reading, I'd say.

have you done a search in your area to see how much tarot card readers charge? perhaps you should do that also, and see how long the tarot card reading lasts per client. may give you an idea if you are undercharging, as I am sure you are not overcharging.

good luck and have fun! :)

KarlThomas

100 bucks an hour has been bog standard in NY for a decade, uncertain about Boston.

Baroli

I charge $125/hr or there abouts. It depends. You need to talk with the person who is hiring you about the particulars.

214red

if your going to charge a flat fee then i would suggest setting strict timings and also confirm that additional people to the 8 will cost more (have had a few nightmares when i did my first few party bookings)

Party bookings i tend to cap the time at 15 mins each reading, any additonal time someone wants is additonal to the original fee (i am sometimes flexible with this depending the type of party and also if there is less then the original number that turn up).

The fees listed in this thread seem appropriate, however if your doing longer readings then 15 mins i would up the fee as its too cheap for a 30 min reading.Becareful of tiring yourself out by doing too many readings in one night, 2 1/2 -3 hours i would allocate for the party to include breaks and also if someone wants clarification etc.

Umbrae

two hour minimum payment regardless of actual time.

LucyD

Dont forget to ask how long the readings should be. If each person gets 30 minutes, you could charge by the hour or charge each client. For parties I often charge $125/hr but read for easily 20 people in 4 hours. Find out what their expectations are.

Dancing Bear

I normally charge per person.. and have a minimum of 10 people..
@$100 hour.... in 2 hours i can read for 10 people.can squeeze 12 in..

I make sure the girls and guys have loads to occupy themselves while waiting.. Like pendulums they can play with.. Tarot, Oracles,.,, one card inspiration cards etc..