PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatar not uploading? File to big?

Dusk Till Dawn
04-11-2009, 19:12
I tried the last two days to upload an Avatar that was made for me in a thread. I deleted the www. but it always says that the File is to big. So the Person that made them for me tried it, and she can upload it, the Bytes are only 2655, and mine says, the same image:8162 Bytes. We are both using the same link.
I never tries to use a custom Avatar before. But I think it's weird that she can upload it, and I can't. I tried all of the ones she made for me, and they all don't work.
A little help would be appreciated. Also I am looking for a thread where avatar's can be resized to fit. So I am able to make my own. I can't find the Thread.

Also, everytime I want to look for new Posts, the Box comes in that I can only do a search every 20 seconds. I have to wait forever to be able to get to new posts. Just happened again. I have to go to Talk, then after a long while I am able to get the new posts. It happens all the time.

thorhammer
04-11-2009, 19:26
That's strange about the new posts :(

What file format is your avvy in? I usually save the image I want to my hard drive in jpg format - others are too large. Save it to your hard drive, then right click on it and go to "Open With" and select Paint. If it's too wide or tall, you can resize it in Paint by selecting Image -> Stretch/Skew and tinkering. Then - and here's the important bit - save it as a jpg file.

Then when you're uploading to AT, select the option that says "From my computer" and choose the file. Make sure it's the right size length and width wise, and it should come in fine.

Good luck! PM me if you've got more q's :)

\m/ Kat

firefrost
04-11-2009, 20:40
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Is this what you're looking for?

That 20 second rule can seem to go on forever, when you're trying new stuff! ;)

Alta
04-11-2009, 22:18
Seeker*13*, please post or PM me the url of where your avvie is (I am guessing Tarotlyn's lovely thread) and which one of them, as she often offers a selection, you wanted. I might be able to upload it for you.

Alta