What have you been Paid with for a Reading?

Dancing Bear

I was inspired by
Fateladys thread here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127735
to create a new thread..
by a few comments in there re what people have been paid with for a reading.. quite funny some. :p

What have you been paid with ( Other than money ) for a Reading?

I have been given Material to sew tarot bags with..
a Yummy Home Made Cake.
a Pot plant
OH and shouted a few of my favourite beverages :D
candles
Tea

edited: coz i just remembered one lady bought me a lovely deck of inspiration cards for a reading i did for her..

what have you been paid with?

nisaba

Like the Crowned one - eggs. From my own chooks that I gave to my sister-in-law when I relocated.

Money, usually. Often in big notes that I find embarrassing when I don't have sufficient change due to being as poor-arse.

Swapsies (exchanged readings).

A white linen ritual robe hand-made for me (and with the sleeves all wrong and uncomfortable, unfortunately).

Richard Dawkins' "The Selfish Gene".

A tank full of petrol.

A serious discount on mechanical work that I had already had done - I was there to pick up my car when he asked me to pull out a few cards on something.

Smiles and love and appreciation (I subscribe to Granny Weatherwax's views in "Witches Abroad: she sometimes got paid in cash, which could be handy, but sometimes she even got paid in respect, which was Hard Currency!)

I sometimes discount seriously for referrals, so I suppose that means a referred friend is a part-payment.

214red

good idea for a thread DB!

Cake
Coffee
Coffee beans
Tickets
Dinner
wine
Drinks in a pub
Astrology reading
Palmistry reading

Reoccuring theme is obviously food! am sure there are others but i cant remember at the moment. obviously now i charge for readings i still get gifts as tips sometimes, but the gifts listed above were instead of monetry payment

Alta

A latte! And my goodness, I could have used two by the time I was finished with her.... oof

Alissa

When I read palms at local fairs (which I haven't done for a few years now) I used to get paid in the strangest exchanges... peppermint hand balm, pottery, scented bath goodies, bracelets & necklaces, trinkets galore... gawd... I can't even remember all of it, honestly.

Just recently, I had a client try to give me a mink stole that had belonged to her mother... beautiful vintage fur from the 50s. But I refused it. I told her it was part of her mother's legacy and should stay with her. "But I'll never wear it!" the client declared, but I still didn't leave with it.

Maybe I was having a 4 of cups moment, but as much as I WANTED to take that piece, I just felt funny having something that was so valuable given to me and NOT belong to someone in my family. But then I wonder if I was acting 6 of pentacles reversed, and by refusing to take it, I had denied her good karma/right dharma in the act of giving it to me when she didn't like it nor want it (and she had a terrible relationship with her mother as well).

...It was a pretty champagne mink stole, though. With a rhinestone clasp. Gorgey.

starrystarrynight

The last guy I read for traded me moving some furniture and building some IKEA kitchen chairs for a reading. It was SO worth it to me. :D

satinangel

Two weeks ago, I received a shark tooth.

nisaba

Alissa said:
But then I wonder if I was acting 6 of pentacles reversed, and by refusing to take it, I had denied her good karma/right dharma in the act of giving it to me when she didn't like it nor want it (and she had a terrible relationship with her mother as well).
She may have been looking for a chance to get rid of it without actually binning it ...

Sheri

I'm getting tamales for an appointment next Friday :D

:love: Sheri

yakn

Let's see instead of money...a free mani and pedi for me and Honey~Bee (which we really enjoyed) before we left I felt like I had read for almost the whole shop, except for one who was afraid to see her future lol.

yakn