What am I supposed to DO?

Amary

I just did a general reading for a friend (Not one that I really ever talk to, I have no idea what is going on in her life) and I swear, the cards are saying that she's being too lenient, too focused on being the good guy, and that if she doesn't break away from her false sense of security, her teenage daughter is going to get pregnant.

I cannot tell her that! First of all, I don't really "do" divination type readings! My outcome cards ALWAYS refer to emotional outcomes, not teen pregnancies! Plus, I may be on completely the wrong track!

Aaargh!

I am trying to word it in a way that she will pick up on the possibilities without actually saying, "Hey, your kid's gonna get knocked up." The potential for wrongness is just too great for me to walk down that road. I mean, I am just not that GOOD at this yet!

ETA: I posted the reading here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127820

Morgane_49

I have a similar problem with a reading I did for a dear friend last week.

Her husband is considerably older than she is - he is in his late 70's. The reading I did for her was highly indicative that she is going to be alone...Very soon...

She is in bad health, she has MS and lots of drug allergies, so she's not able to take anything to slow the progression. Stress is a huge factor in her exacerbations.

If I tell her what I saw in the cards, I'm afraid I will affect her health negatively.

The problem is, the reading was so strong and clear, there's not much else left to say if I leave that out...So, right now, I'm hoping she forgets she asked me to do it...

I think you handled it well in your blog. I'm not sure I would have posted it for others to see, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding!

Amary

Yeah, I'm really reconsidering my ethics as far as the blog goes. I thought it would be nice to be able to get feedback and such, but I am finding that the things that are coming up in the readings are tending to be very private. I've been thinking of offering readings through email, instead.

Morgane_49

That's what I do, or I can give them by phone...Either way...

I suppose if her name isn't mentioned and no one else knows exactly who she is, it would be okay to do it via blog, though - especially if she said it was okay to post it. She may not have realized what the cards were going to say, though, you know?

I just think that if I were in a circle of friends where everyone knew who I was (whether they knew me personally or not), I wouldn't want my reading posted publicly. But you said you're not that close...

Again, I think you handled it very well!

Amary

Yeah, and it's not really a close circle of friends. No one knows who she is, so techically, her privacy is protected; I also asked if she wanted it privately and she said on the blog was fine. It's more that I feel uncomfortable about it. I think if I want feedback or discussion I'll just post them here from now on.

Sinduction

I really don't see the harm in what you said. I think the problem is how you word it. The most important thing, it seems to me, is that not only that she get this warning, but that she also realizes the seriousness of the situation. Instead of wanting to be her daughter's friend, she needs to be the Mama Bear and give her some protection.

It seems that the universe really wants her to have this message. That is what we do, we are the messengers.

What if you are wrong? Well, what if you are right and you say nothing? This message has the power to keep these things from happening. Let go of the ego, of being PC, and say, "This is what I see, it might be wrong and it might be right. What you do with this information is up to you."

Good luck! :D

Amary

I expanded on her reading at the blog, after help from the reading forum, and then I sent her a message saying that, "Hey, I didn't want to put this on the blog, but my first thought when I saw your thread was that you may need to go mama bear, even if it makes you unpopular for awhile, to avoid pain and trouble later."

ILuvEire

For both of you, I wonder if maybe asking the cards to explain to you where to procede in your situations would be good?

Morgane_49

I don't want to hijack Amary's thread, but that's a very good idea for me, ILuvEire. I actually thought about it, but had other readings to do and too much going on at the time, so I might give it a try tomorrow!

Thanks for reminding me!