waking up with Tarot

nisaba

This morning when the alarm went off a couple of hours ago, I woke up from a dream of Tarot cards. Particularly, the Hanged Men from an assortment of decks, probably about twenty. I think in my dream I had been comparing them. Some were old friends, others were variants of this card that I hadn't seen before. What a great way to wake up.

Now ... I wonder what my card-of-the-day could possibly be ...

zan_chan

I just a minute ago woke up from a dream that I was on a luxury cruise ship. My cabin had a tiny door at the bottom of one of the walls. When I opened the door, I got sucked straight through, to find David and Victoria Beckham playing video games with their Japanese baby on the other side.

[ed- I forgot the important part! When I entered the room the first the I noticed (well, underwear Beckhams were first, but the second thing I noticed--) was that the Japanese Beckham baby was sitting on the floor, playing what looked like solitaire, with Anna K!]

Then we all went to the cafeteria where we found that someone had beaten up my college roomate.

Anyway, long story short (too late!), as soon as I woke up just now, I pulled a card from my Anna K to give me something to think about in relation to the dream. Needless to say, what card did I pull? The Moon. I thought that was a funny response, so I drew a second: The Star. Maybe there's some hope for spending some cruise-ship underwear time with the Beckhams yet?

Morgane_49

Sometimes, if a deck feels especially special to me, I will sleep with it under my pillow for a few nights.

When I do this, if the deck really is as 'special' as I think it is, I have constant dreams of the cards and how they are represented in this particular deck - but the cards are alive...

They were so vivid and bizarre (read: enjoyable - I'm twisted that way) the night I first slept with the Deviant Moon under my pillow that I couldn't wait to go to sleep the second night for a repeat performance!

Once the dreams stop, I consider the deck ready for use! The 'bond' is set.

nisaba

zan_chan said:
Maybe there's some hope for spending some cruise-ship underwear time with the Beckhams yet?
<grin>

Faolainn Storm

I've been waiting for a rather expensive deck to arrive (which it did this morning). I wnet to sleep last night imagining the postman knocking on my door and handing me this deck, and willing it to really happen.

I woke up this morning dreaming of just that. Except, when I opened the parcel it wasn't the deck I had ordered but a different one. :eek: :bugeyed: :eek: It looked a lot like the MRP Fairytale (same size box, similar colours) but said "Quantum Tarot"! I was devestated and trying to work out what had happened, why this person had mixed up the parcels (I seem to remember there was a note with the deck that was addressed to someone else, suggesting the sender had mixed up the parcels as they went into the envelopes). I woke up terrified that it was all going to come true. I wasn't going to get my deck. :(

It turns out the postman had arrived while I slept, and the deck had arrived. The RIGHT deck, all there and in perfect condition.

I have GOT to stop listening to my dreams! :D

FS

RexMalaki

nisaba said:
This morning when the alarm went off a couple of hours ago, I woke up from a dream of Tarot cards. Particularly, the Hanged Men from an assortment of decks, probably about twenty. I think in my dream I had been comparing them. Some were old friends, others were variants of this card that I hadn't seen before. What a great way to wake up.

Well...was it?

nisaba

RexMalaki said:
Well...was it?
<grin> Yeah ... I experienced Hanged Man syndromes with a couple of things. I just kicked back and went with it.

alonewiththesea

nisaba said:

Do you think dreaming this had more meaning than just the dream? If so what do you think it was ment for you they seemed to be really trying to relay a message of some sort to you.
(gosh i wish more people had your personality sunny and upbeat, really funny i do enjoy reading your responses to some of your posts just thought id add that you make me laugh with that <grin> you put to that and alot of others always enjoy reading them)

nisaba

thanks, Alonewiththesea. Yeah, I think the message was twofold: I had a bit of Hanged Man stuff happening during the dayh as things and plans I'd wanted to go ahead with were put on hold by the universe (and I only found out why five minutes ago), and also, the second bit of relevance in it was the idea of thoughtful comparisons of decks - now is a time of judgements between different styles of deck for me, and I'm revisiting some of my older decks because they deserve it.

sillyking

Since were on the topic of dreams and tarot card I want to ask has anyone ever had a dream where the tarot cards like speak to you. Because I always have this dream (Frankly I just think I'm astral projecting) where I'm and mediating and just finding my center. Then my card all 78 of them appear out of no where and say "we must warn you of what is to come." So we talk and talk and each card has its own personality with it related to the card. I like this because they tend to ground me and take away all my issues. :)