Transfer of energy from old deck to new?

olivia1

Hi All,
Recently, I started reading with a new deck (Fantastic Menagerie). Prior to, I have been reading exclusively with The Fairytale Tarot and getting great results. However, ever since I started reading with The Fantastic Menagerie, I noticed that my Fairytale Tarot readings are not as accurate as they once were. As a recent sitter for my Fairytale Tarot puts it, "the reading from this [Fairytale Tarot] deck isn't inaccurate...the first deck [Fantastic Menagerie] just addresses the issue more and so seems more 'accurate.'"

I can't exactly just stop reading with my Fairytale Tarot because it is my IDS deck...and I use it in the Reading Circles. I would stop reading with my Fantastic Menagerie deck, except I worry about the accuracy of my readings from the Fairytale Tarot now. An AT friend told me that I probably unknowingly transferred my energy from The Fairytale Tarot deck to The Fantastic Menagerie.

What do you think? If I stopped reading with The Fantastic Menagerie, will my energy transfer right back over to The Fairytale Tarot..or at this point should I just make The Fantastic Menagerie my main deck? Another friend told me that my Fairytale Tarot is probably "feeling" jealous of The Fantastic Menagerie (and this happens when one starts reading with a new deck) but I don't know about that...

214red

i wouldnt worry, its your energy not the energy of the deck so it should go with whatever deck your working on

olivia1

214red said:
i wouldnt worry, its your energy not the energy of the deck so it should go with whatever deck your working on

Thanks, Nik. I tried to use it again, today, and the results were just as dismal as when I first noticed it wasn't working like it used to. Too bad, I wanted this deck to be my forever deck, too. I even bought spares of it :( Oh well.

gregory

I honestly don't think it works like that. It's probably something silly like novelty value and stuff. It will settle down - bet you anything - if you stop WORRYING.

And I often find one deck works better than another for different readings. It could be that, too. I read for someone not long ago and the first reading with one deck was rubbish; the deck just didn't suit the question. I tried again with another - and bingo.

Grizabella

I think it's just that your interest is concentrated on the new deck so the old deck doesn't feel like it's "speaking" to you as fluently as before. If you stop worrying about it, leave the old deck to rest for awhile, then come back to it after you've stopped your focus on the new deck, it will start talking to you again. The energy is with you, not with a particular deck. :)

Rev_Vesta

Please stop worrying, the more you worry the worse it will become....

Allow yourself to have some quiet time in connecting with this deck again, allow yourself to stay calm and centred....when doing a reading.....

when we put up blocks to a deck it transfers into our readings......

we know we all read diffrently with different decks but it is how we perceieve it for it to become our reality.....
If we tell ourselves our readings are going to be horrible, inaccurate because we have no connection, that is the reality........
How do we change that reality?

I have found it is my mentality inregards to a deck to how I read......If i have no connection with the artwork for some reason......I will put up blocks to a great reading.....or I don't work with a deck that often i beleive I have no real connection with it so my readings become ok but not great.......I have started to say to myself when I pick up a deck....(quietly so client does not here unless telepathic) lol......:"Please allow the connection with this deck to be at it's best as I read for this client, allow the reading to be accurate and clear for the client to understand with clarity.......Blessed Be!"
I am finding..even if I feel the reading isn't perfect, it does offer the client clarity and understanding on all levels...

Vesta

Welf

Like the other replies say... relax and take it in your stride... stuff happens and it's just a temporary issue within yourself, not that the cards are doing anything different.

You are after all, dividing your energy between two decks and not just one deck like before, and more than likely it will take a little time to adjust to these changes. We humans are creatures of habit...

Welf

Grizabella

Decks are just cardstock and ink. They don't have feelings so they can't get angry or jealous or lonely. Your mind is just so preoccupied with learning the new deck that it's hard for it to switch back to the old one. As you get more proficient with the cards, you'll stop feeling that you've lost the energy from your first deck. It all comes with time.

olivia1

Welf said:
Like the other replies say... relax and take it in your stride... stuff happens and it's just a temporary issue within yourself, not that the cards are doing anything different.

You are after all, dividing your energy between two decks and not just one deck like before, and more than likely it will take a little time to adjust to these changes. We humans are creatures of habit...

Welf

Thank you All for your very helpful advise.
:) this probably the problem: trying to use 2 decks at once. I have never been in that situation before. Normally, when I get a new deck, the old one gets retired. I just got worried because I never had a deck just stop working for me before. I'm glad it's just all in my head.

Rev_Vesta said:
I have started to say to myself when I pick up a deck....(quietly so client does not here unless telepathic) lol......:"Please allow the connection with this deck to be at it's best as I read for this client, allow the reading to be accurate and clear for the client to understand with clarity.......Blessed Be!"
I am finding..even if I feel the reading isn't perfect, it does offer the client clarity and understanding on all levels...

Vesta

Thank you Vesta, I think I am going to try that saying, too.

gregory said:
And I often find one deck works better than another for different readings. It could be that, too. I read for someone not long ago and the first reading with one deck was rubbish; the deck just didn't suit the question. I tried again with another - and bingo.

This is so true. I did realize that The Fantastic Menagerie was better at certain readings than my Fairytale Tarot and The Fairytale Tarot (before I thought it "stopped" working) seemed better with doing self exploration type questions.

nisaba

Olivia1, I have sixty-something decks, and they are all completely saturated with my energy.

I read better with some than with others, because I like them better or because I understand them better, but any of my friends who have looked through my collection and handled my decks, think they all feel "like me".

Really. Don't worry about it.