Wisdom of the Hidden Realms: how do you use them?

blueviolet

I'm a bit new to this oracle section, so I apologize if this isn't in the right place.
I've had this deck for about a few weeks now, and used it here and there. I've read the guide, and still, I've found I'm having trouble connecting the cards to my question. I can't seem to relate the message, I don't know. Am I missing something?
How do you use them? How do you make them work for you? I know Colette says these aren't prediction cards, just showing your situation surrounding your question, or issue. I just can't seem to make sense most of the time. Perhaps I'm not wording the question right, or expecting a more connected answer.

Thanks for your help! :)

dvorah ophir

good and tugh quetion

I will try and answer -since I am no profesional tarot or any card reader and find that often I have the same problem with all oracle and tarot cards-the answers dont fit the questins or they even dont come close to any situeation that is mine now.
I have found that meny tend to tell ambigioues and general answers so that they can fit into any situetion.but many times still dont come close.
I dont know if you are new to the whole card thing or just the oracle cards and are familiar with tarot.
for me the cards are about short term and long term relationship and on both I try to look at all dimentions-both meaning and pictures.
with this oracle what I do is read one card at the beginning of the day and come back to it at the end of that day-often I found that some amazing insite appers the I could only discover at hindsite.
that way I also learn to familiarise myself with the cards.
I can never work with cards that I dont like the pictures-it is first and foremost for me.
with hidden realms comes great combination that the cards are beutiful and the meaning are diverse but short enogh not to confuse.

Mellifluous

can you give an example (a question, a card you drew, and why you think it doesn't make sense or relate)? it might be easier to help you.

i use them the same way i use all my other decks, and i don't 'make them' work for me. they just do. lol i've found this deck to be very accurate so far, and sometimes they are predictive, despite what she wrote in the booklet.

i also recommend journaling your readings. they may make a lot more sense to you in hindsight. :)

good luck!

martyn_uk

blueviolet ...
I will try to help too.I received my deck in the post today but have only looked through the cards as yet.
I'll use it as I do my other oracle decks.I will see if it "speaks" to me like some of my others do.I find this is the best way :)

lark

I don't think it's you..I think it's a pretty shallow oracle..not a lot of depth to it.

blueviolet

Thanks for all your responses -- yes journaling does help to look back on the meaning in hindsight -- at least I know that works for when I do it for my tarot readings. I haven't tried it with this deck yet though.

(Lark - that's what I'm afraid of, but I guess I'll keep trying some more!)

I'll try giving an example here with this question:
What is the best approach in dealing with my family?
V. The Spiral Dancer (Challenger)
~Circuitous route, perception~
I think it's saying to "sit this dance out" since it's not to my rhythm. Be careful of being manipulated.
But still, I'm not sure what to make of that. Is it telling me to not get caught/sucked into their downward circuitous spiral -- to simply just step out of their dance, don't even try to change the rhythm, the motion -- just step out of it?
I think even this example works better than many of my other trial readings where I just was so stumped I didn't know how to make a connection to my question.

Feel free to share your own examples, I'd like to see how you ask and interpret. Thanks!

HearthCricket

Like many of my oracles, I prefer to use it alongside a tarot deck. It goes nicely with the Mystic Dreamer and that is what I am using it with now. I pull a card to coincide with a tarot card and read them together. It sheds light on a situation, person, or path that would otherwise be left in the shadows. It layers and clarifies the reading for me and so far I have had great success with it. I only wish it were twice the size!

blueviolet

That's interesting, HearthCricket -- so does that work for prediction readings in tarot? Is the Oracle card then helping to clarify the path?

EDIT: I just tried it on a fresh reading for my upcoming weekend, and it worked amazingly, I think! Thanks for this suggestion, I never thought to do that.
Apparently I have big change coming my way this weekend, and it's a kind of change I'm excited about.

HearthCricket

Well, not all my readings are about predicting the future. They are more of a call to awareness of what is going on around me and what to look out for, to watch for, to change. For example, along with my reading yesterday, I pulled the Hangman from the Mystic Dreamers and underneath pulled the "Sisters of the Seasons" and was floored with what the booklet said. I pulled out all my Christmas decorations really early, this year. I have had some health problems and just wanted them up to enjoy fully and as long as I can. The timing seemed good, but also rushed. And that is exactly what the cards were telling me. I jumped the gun. I need to rehash how I approach the big holidays. I know I want to simplify on them. But this also made me realize I was jumping right into winter a month before it even hit. I do this all the time. I need to stop and honour the season at hand and take some time to step away from it and rethink what and why I am doing this. So, for me the cards are very introspective. And then I work from there. Does this predict the future for me. In a way. Next year I won't be pulling out my decorations so early! I will allow a break between the holidays and not put so much emphasis on them, but rather the beauty and gift of each day that comes into our lives. :)

blueviolet

Wow, the cards were speaking literally for you there! I've done that last year actually when I had to miss the holiday time away on a work trip. I tried to enjoy my decor early. I wish you good health!

In this reading I just tried that I spoke of above, I asked about what will happen with me and someone this coming weekend, so it is predictive -- and with the Enchanted, got: Q/C, World, Tower. Then clarified on Tower with 2/W.
I saw this as exciting -- I, the Q/C would travel to see this person, and there'd be a life-changing happening that would bring me (or us) to a crossroads of planning.
So I then grabbed the WOTHR oracle deck to ask for light to be shed on my reading, on the path shown to me, and first the Lady of Lightning appeared when I grabbed it, but I wanted to fairly shuffle and draw.
And I pulled yes -- The Lady of Lightning, as my Ally.
So big exciting change ahead! I sensed it was supporting my interpretation I was getting in that this is an exciting surprise to come, something to look forward to, and to be prepared for of course, as much as I can.

So now I'm thinking it may very well work in predictive readings.