unlaminated tarot deck

alonewiththesea

so im using legacy and they are not laminated which is making them now show some wear and tear because i shuffle my deck when bored non stop lol but what im wondering is

A. do they sell this deck laminated of which i could buy it like that and use this as a spare

or

B. is there a way i can pay to get them laminated?

Golden Moon

I read somewhere that the Legacy that are being sold in tretails are laminated.

If you feel the need and want to Preserve your cards laminate them then. They should do it for you where they sell copy paprer and injects and stuff like that.

nisaba

Lamination helps prevent shorty and middle term damage due to rough handling, but the laminates used are plastics, and with the years plastics "gas off", and hte gases affect the paper inside the laminate. If you're looking for a deck that your children will be able to hand edown to your grandchildren, laminated ones won't do the job. Varnished ones might, though. Ask in art supply shops about the better archival-quality spray-on or paint-on varnishes.

alonewiththesea

nisaba said:
Lamination helps prevent shorty and middle term damage due to rough handling, but the laminates used are plastics, and with the years plastics "gas off", and hte gases affect the paper inside the laminate. If you're looking for a deck that your children will be able to hand edown to your grandchildren, laminated ones won't do the job. Varnished ones might, though. Ask in art supply shops about the better archival-quality spray-on or paint-on varnishes.

thanks thats what i ment didnt know what it was called thats all i needed your so helpful as usual!

Grizabella

They have a matte finish. That doesn't mean they're not laminated. It just means they're not shiny. They'll show some wear at the edges and you'll notice it because they're black on the edges. All decks wear like that but the ones with lighter borders just don't show it as much.

Jaqueline

I had a reading done once by a boni fide "gypsy woman". She used a deck that she said was antique - & it looked it. It was tiny, not much color, & the cards were yellowed, chipped, worn, used looking. I really envied her this deck. It seemed like a wise old friend. I wondered about where it came from & where it had been & all the readings over the years. It seemed to have "character". . . so what I'm trying to say is, what's wrong with a deck showing some wear? A used deck is a loved deck - right?

canid

They're laminated, just not with the same kind of varnish used for the super-shiny finish. There are many ways to do varnishes & laminations. My Legacy & Gilded seem to have the same finish & yes, they are going to wear a lot faster than some of the other newer decks, but I still love them both, & they'll be useable for a good many years. If you want to protect them further, use spray *acrylic*, NOT any other spray finish. They acrylic bends, lacquer will eventually crack. It takes a loooong time to finish this way because you have to be extremely careful to not get runs - each coat has to be extremely light, with maybe 8 coats total. If you are rushed they'll be ruined.

alonewiththesea

thanks everyone i just use the cards i didnt know much about them just thought they were not because of the slick finish to my other decks and the cards are looking kind of worn and i really love this deck<3

your right a deck which is warn is a used deck and my deck is my friend so i guess if it looks haggard at least i know were happy together :)

AJ

You might rethink your shuffling style also...?