Star+Gate Cards by Richard H. Geer

Glass Owl

Does anyone else have these cards?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0911167056/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

"An exciting game - to be played by one or more - with 96 double-sided cards and a unique Sky Spread flexible game board. The variety in the symbolic cards assures you a different variation every time even if you choose the same theme or questions on which to focus. The perceptions gained from the card's pictures, words and symbols will give added insight into your decision making and develop your intuition, as well as creating fascinating play for yourself and for other players."

About a year ago I picked up a sealed Star+Gate box set (which includes the cards, the book "Keys To The Kingdom" and a flexible mat for laying out the Sky Spread) from a new age shop. The other day I opened it up and started to work with them briefly. I really like the Sky spread that it is to be used with them and I found that the spread is really useful with Tarot cards as well.

Alta

I just used this once, in an oracle exchange where I rashly let the querent pick any of my oracles. It is quite interesting and very deep though it takes a while.

silverwings94

I had this and have gotten rid of it. I didn't care much for it.

Zelmira

I got an used copy a month ago, I have been reading the book to become familiar with it. It is difficult to find the entire set. Many online sellers of used books announced the set for different prices, but they just have the book, not the cards. It took me 3 attempts to get the entire set. I find it interesting. The cards are very simple, but I think in a way that is good so the person doesn't have many clues and he/she has to search intuitively to find a message. I am going to work some more with it, and will comment my experiences. Peace,
Zelmira

silverwings94

Just got mine back and still don't care for it. Only wish I could sell it. Box is banged up but everyting is in it.
I just checked with amazon and theyre looking at a price of over $200.00 dollars.

misfitknits

umm... i just checked amazon they have a bunch of copies under $10... didn't see any at or over $100.... none of the copies listed though, say whether or not they have the cards or little charts with the spreads on them.

ETA: nevermind, amazon about 3 of these listed, all with different covers, some with different formats. sometimes i wish amazon would get their act together, especially when it comes to tarot card/ book sets or anything that is sold as more than one thing together....

Alta

That looks like just the cards. The actual set has two different large plasticized mats (one for the Circle Pattern and one for the Sky Spread), a book (Keys to the Kingdom), a Diary of Discovery which is workbook showing many different spreads and places to write in your readings. Also one other mat which I don't have (Your Personal Portrait).

cardlady22

That site has some pics and sample pages from an eBook.

Also, I found a blog that shows some pics of the Circle and Sky spreads. The layouts are intriguing.

Glass Owl

cardlady22 said:
That site has some pics and sample pages from an eBook.

Also, I found a blog that shows some pics of the Circle and Sky spreads. The layouts are intriguing.
I posted this over in the Tarot Spread forum here.

Sky Spread by Richard H. Geer

This is spread is from the book "Star+Gate: Keys To The Kingdom" by Richard H. Geer and was designed to be used with the Star+Gate deck, which is made up of 96 oracle cards. Here is how I have been using this spread with Tarot cards.

The spread's layout:

--09-----06-----10--
01-02--03--04--05
-------08-07---------

Tip: To tap into inner meanings, envision a simple scene or a quick story with these card groupings.

The Present/The Here and Now (the 4 cards in the middle of the spread)
These cards have the most immediate bearing on the topic
6. The Issue - the topic, the present focus of your attention
3. You Now - symbolizes where you are now in terms of your topic
7. Helping - indicates something aiding you in dealing with the issue
8. Distracting - something that is diverting your attention away from resolving the issue, a roadblock

The Past/The Foundation (the 3 cards to the left of the central cards)
These deal with the past and show how present conditions came to be.
1 and 2. Behind You - these 2 cards suggest significant experiences that have led to "You Now."
9. Old Focus - indicates an earlier issue or purpose related to your topic. It has in some way led to The Issue (card 1).

The Future (the 3 cards to the right of the central cards)
These indicate where things are heading based on where you are right now.
4. and 5. Ahead of You
10. New Focus
The future seen in these 3 Future cards is flexible and depends on how matters are dealt with in the present. If you like what you see in the cards in this area, you may want to continue the way "You Now" is interacting with "The Issue" in the spread.