Things in my pocket

Mateo06

I know I've posted about deck ideas that may/may not ever be, but this seems so simple that someone has to have thought of it before. My searches haven't come up with any results to quench my thirst. So I propose a deck, based on the everyday things you can find in a pocket and maybe a purse.

You have coins in you pocket. Some people keep matches or lighters. Where I live, most people have a pocket knife handy. And cell phones/cameras/mp3 players (electronics) are all the rage. These things could be the minors. I am just having trouble coming up with the majors and the courts!

I just wanted to know what people thought about the tarot related value you could find in a pocket/purse. Looking into the pockets of a person can tell you as much as looking into their medicine cabinet (that's a whole other deck).

Have you ever emptied your pockets, or just a handful and thought "that's such and such a card!" I know I have a Presidential Golden Dollar coin my dad gave me (George Washington) that use to be a good luck charm I used for knuckle roling (it now sits on my desk), it fits the Ace of Coins so well! I have a pocket knife I found on the street one day, it's dull, but it gets the job done (Ace of Swords), and I try to never leave the house with out my cellphone; no matter what the model maybe at the time. I don't usually carry matches or a lighter on my, but many survivalist will tell you it doesn't hurt to have a zippo.

So, looking into your pockets, is there any value towards tarot. What cards do you find? What did you use to carry that was useful, but no longer fits your lifestyle, and why did you carry it? Can that item be applied here?

nisaba

Mateo06 said:
I am just having trouble coming up with the majors and the courts!
The Empress would have to be lipstick, and Tampons would be perfect for the High Priestess, both the fact that she is not doing the Fertility Thing as much as the intuitive thing, and her lunar nature.

That's just at first glance.

Mateo06

A condom for lovers? I was thinking Lint for the Fool, but truly, I was going more towards asking people to pull stuff outa their pockets/purse and gazing at it for awhile... Thanks for a few majors though. Any ideas for the magician?

My stupid self didn't read your last line. You did pull stuff out.

SarahRacheal

reading glasses for the Heirophant

zan_chan

Cell phone as The World?

Mateo06

zan_chan said:
Cell phone as The World?
I may not have been clear, but cellphones were a minor. I can see the web browsing option on some smartphones as the world. But cellphones/cameras/mp3 players were suppose to be cups. I.E data flows like water in this modern age. The Internet does fit your pocket now, and that is quite an interesting Major. How do you portray the internet in a simple symbol?

I didn't mean to shoot you down so quickly, zan_chan, but I really can't see a minor used as a major, and I ment "electronics" to be used differently throughout the Cups! I see a phone, a camera, and an mp3 player as the 3 of cups, b/c I see the 3 of cups as a party!

Mateo06

SarahRacheal said:
reading glasses for the Heirophant
I like it! Can anyone do the Celestial Majors in your pocket? or do they nee to be modified? How do we do Judgement?

zan_chan

Mateo06 said:
How do you portray the internet in a simple symbol?

A computer screen showing a naked woman surrounded by a wreath?

Isnt that what most people use the Internet for anyway?

zan_chan

My first thought for judgement was a crumpled credit card bill I find in my pocket after my jeans have gone through the wash.

SarahRacheal

zan_chan said:
A computer screen showing a naked woman surrounded by a wreath?

Isnt that what most people use the Internet for anyway?

there's an app for that lol

The moon/sun/star could run along the lines of keyrings?