How do 'professionals' give such detailed readings??

siking

I have been studying the tarot for a relaxed few years, but have never gone to a pro for a reading until about a month ago. My now-fiance and I were in a funk and very at odds about making a commitment and moving in together; as usual, once things were getting more serious she got cold feet and began pulling away. I hadn't been reading cards for a while and wouldn't trust myself to properly translate a reading if I did one, given my emotional state at the time.

She was the one who suggested visiting a card reader her friend suggested, saying the reading was very accurate and personal. Her friend had gone to the woman before and detailed predictions came true. Plus, it wasn't overly expensive.

My fiance and I went to see the old Mexican woman in the back of what appeared to be a family-owned catholic convenience store. She didn't speak English and had a younger woman (I think her daughter) translate for us. First my girlfriend, then myself - not 100% accurate to what's instantly visible (for example, the reader brought up an intimidating man in my life and how I needed to not let him hinder me, though I currently have no strong relations to any men at all. With some less literal translation it could easily be pointing to the sexual abuse and advances of older men I've experienced for most of my life and the general fear of men that I've grown from it.)

The readings were both very detailed. The spread and deck she used was unfamiliar, the cards looked very old and it wasn't obvious which were which as every picture looked like bundles of wands or sticks for the most part. She also didn't explain the reading as she was giving it (as I do with my readings, telling the questioner "this card in this position suggests this, because of that"); instead she just started informing us of things, so it was impossible to tell what system she used.

She brought up my fiance's eating habits, the troubling situation with her older brother and his wife in her family (with about 90-95% accurate detail), told of confirmed inner feelings my fiance hadn't shared with me before this, and gave her the advice she needed to feel confident about taking the next step in our relationship. I wasn't sure about what she had to tell me, with feeling like walking out on my girlfriend if things didn't improve. I wasn't feeling it at the time, though in the past when times got rough I definitely had a 'fix it or quit it' mentality that could easily return the way things were headed.

Anyway, my question is one I haven't been able to find an answer to in any google search or forum post - just how exactly does a reader get such keen detail out of a pack of illustrated cards? No "the knight represents a tall, handsome man with brown hair" stuff - I mean talking about the specific positions of people in the questioner's unique situation. How the hell did she know my fiance eats all manner of things, whether they're good or bad for her, and could later greatly affect her health if she doesn't watch it (she is in good shape but is also lactose intolerant and regularly puts up with the ill effects for cheesecake and pizza)?? Does anyone know?

nisaba

Read around the forum, you'll find heaps of threads that touch on this.

The images on the cards show only 78 scenes, so can say only 78 things. However, they are stepping stones, and the more use use them, the m ore you will get out of them. When you sit down with a client and cards X, Y and Z come out, you just are reminded by the images to talk about this and that, but when you sit down with a different client and the cards X, Y and Z come out, you'll talk about a whole lot of different stuff because that's what occurs to you on that different occasion.

It's called intuition, and every single human being is born with it. The difference between a mediocre reader and a good reader, is that a good reader has a lot of practice at listening to their own gut.

ana luisa

For starters, they're called professionals for a reason :) And these details come mainly from intuition. It's like opening doors . Each card is a door to the queren't's soul. The doors may look alike but what's beyond differs immensely. Just my opinion, though..

SunChariot

siking said:
Anyway, my question is one I haven't been able to find an answer to in any google search or forum post - just how exactly does a reader get such keen detail out of a pack of illustrated cards? No "the knight represents a tall, handsome man with brown hair" stuff - I mean talking about the specific positions of people in the questioner's unique situation. How the hell did she know my fiance eats all manner of things, whether they're good or bad for her, and could later greatly affect her health if she doesn't watch it (she is in good shape but is also lactose intolerant and regularly puts up with the ill effects for cheesecake and pizza)?? Does anyone know?

I would say there is not any "one" way to do it. We each of us read differently and hopefully find the reading method that works well and meshes with our individual personality and strengths.

There are many many ways to read and each can work well if it works with the strengths fo the reader and if they find their best method. I can't tell you how everyone does it, but I can only tell you how I do it.

For me basically, most of my answer comes from the card images. I follow what draws my eye, close my mind/thoughts and focus on that part of the image, and ala Rorshack test (which I probably misspelt) go with the first things that pops into my mind. Then I see how that fits into the answer and loosen up inside and let the flow come...and follow it where it goes...and on and on with each part of the image that draws my eye. Each new piece of info is another piece of the puzzle that is the answer and it all fits together perfectly

...For me it is mainly following what my intuition is saying, guided by the imagery. At times it feels a lot like I am just taking dictation..the words just come and I write them down. So basically, for me, mainly intuition and there might be even some chanelling involved...

I've been told at times in third party readings that I even use the exact verbal expressions or words that the person who the reading is about habitually uses. And of course I knew nothing about them and I don't even do in person readings.

My belief is that we live in a universe that WANTS to give us the answers we seek if we ask questions using Tarot. All we have to do is open ourselves to that. The more we open ourselves, the more the answers flow. That does not come overnight though. It's a skill and does take quite a bit of practice to get to that point where you can do that, at least in my experience.

Babs

re-pete-a

Perhaps, for your logical mind, you may understand this.
All communication is via signs, symbols and sounds.

the card may supply the innitial key, then parts of that card may stand out to trigger another mental picture or a sound or symbol. Each one setting off another,until it's wrung dry of mental stimulus or prompts.

The same card may pop up in another reading but the attention is drawn to other prompts that, that same card triggers.

The more you trust and stop judgeing , the more the flow increases.
The less mental chatter the clearer the prompts.

To quote another Pro reader on these forums called UMBRE who states," it can be achieved with sticks or grains of rice or whatever".

KarlThomas

Once on these boards, I told a querent "Someone does not like the idea of you taking this voyage. He has a white beard." She wrote that that was her SO, he has a white beard, and opposed the journey, and more to the point here, that there was no way I could have known that, (and in fact, there wasn't.)
I didn't "know" it. I "heard" or "thought" it, and trusted what came.

At the time of the reading, I had been doing lots of readings. That was, I think, important. I saw white/grey stubble on a knight's chin, and typed my next thought. I had never before said that thing about that knight, or any knight.

It just came.

KarlThomas

PS Good topic!

Rev_Vesta

for me personally I find the cards are stepping stones into detail relevant to the querants life......
it has shocked many a client when things have been revealed, things that I would never have known..............
I believe it takes time to have that connection of trust within.......
work WITH the cards everyday........have that connection of trust within...Your HIgher Self......

Vesta....

Anna

Stuff just pops into my head when I read, and it sits there nagging at me until I say it outloud. Then once I've said it, more stuff will pop in.

Sometimes it is a picture or image, sometimes a song, sometimes a name, sometimes a word, sometimes a feeling. More often than not it is just a sense of knowing something.

It is more than just the cards. The cards are my starting point. Sometimes I don't even look at them once I've got going.

214red

i must admit i dont tell the reader positions, i usually dont tell them what the cards are either as it allows you to freestyle. sometimes i dont even bother to really look at the cards, you read what you feel etc. accuracy comes with time and the type of reading you do, sounds like she used psychic ability to tune in and give you accurate results. you can connect to your guides, their guides, a 3rd parties guides etc to give you stunning details about them