An Amazing Tarot Story

Hermitessence

Hi Everyone,
Recently I did a Tarot reading about my immediate birth family. I came from a highly dysfunctional family with an alcoholic father and all the accompanying horror stories. The reading seemed to tell me that it was time to make peace with my father who died in 1977....32 years ago.

I told my sister who is a wonderful Tarot reader herself that we needed to go to the cemetery and take flowers and forgive our dad for his shortcomings and offer him peace and love. I was using the Bruno De Nys Marseille Deck and the reading was primarily bright yellow. My sister agreed that it was time to do this and that it would bring healing to our family. Neither of us had been to the cemetery in over 25 years.

We arrived at the cemetery just at dusk and placed the bright yellow flowers in the urn and spoke our words of forgiveness and gratifude to our dad. As we were leaving my sister noticed there were 4 statues standing behind our dad's grave. Each was of a man and a smaller figure at the base. The light was eerie with the setting sun and the figures looked almost transparent and glowed with an inner light. The first statue had a small lion, the next had a small angel, the third a small eagle. At this point I said, "OMG, it's the World Card. There is no way the next one will have a cow. But of course it did. They were the 4 apostles from the World Card. Our act of forgiveness had shown us that we had come full circle and now were in possession of all we needed.

We are still processing this amazing experience.

Hermitessence

Marcia959

That's a wonderful experience! Thank you so much for sharing it.

re-pete-a

Amazing !!

Right time,right light, right setting, right action.

A great shared experience.

canid

Synchronicity in action, m'dear. There is no such thing as coincidence.

Astraea Aurora

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Sulis

Wonderful story - thanks for sharing :).

olivia1

re-pete-a said:
Amazing !!

Right time,right light, right setting, right action.

A great shared experience.

Agreed :) That's one of the coolest tarot experiences I've ever heard.

Hermitessence

More from the Amazing Tarot Story

Thank you everyone for your responses. Re-pete-a, I appreciate your reference to right action as I am studying Buddhism.

The four apostles were arranged at the corners of a rectangle with each apostle facing outward from the rectangle which was empty lawn with no gravestones in the center. The bottom edge of the World "card" with the cow on the left and the lion on the right was right behind our dad's grave.

The reading and the cemetery visit occured this past Saturday, November 14th. When I posted this story I was still stunned. I should have asked for feedback about the meaning of the card. I would enjoy additional interpretations of the 3 dimensional World Card as I realize I am just beginning to understand it.

Here is the original reading:
Question: Please tell me about my original family.
Situation: 10 Coins (Gratitude according to Melancholic's interpretations)
Crossing: Empress (Mom)
Above: Queen of Cups
Below: 7 Coins (7 members of our original family)
Past: 4 Wands (Stagnation trapped energy)
Near Future: Emperor (Dad)
Self: 5 Coins (There were 5 of us children)
Others: King of Swords (My Dad again I think)
Hopes/Fears: 6 Wands (Victory)
Outcome: Ace of Coins (Peace according to Melancholic)

Thanks again,
Hermitessence

If you get a chance please visit my sister's website www.askyourpendulum.com She has a free downloadable form to record your Celtic Cross Readings.

Silverlyn

Wow, cool story! :)

jcwirish

I love this story. Sounds like you all needed that experience, including your dad. Forgiveness is the greatest gift we can give to someone, but even more so, to ourselves.

I'm so glad you were able to have that experience.