PDA

View Full Version : Bixbite/ red Beryl Does anyone know who sells them?

Dakini
05-04-2003, 03:20
I have been trying to locate Bixbite/ red beryl (a piece of jewelry) with no luck. My search turned up that it comes from utah here in the states but everything I've found is very expensive and doesn't come from utah. Does anyone know of this stone? Or know who sells it? Thanks Dakini

Phoenix
05-04-2003, 08:35
I've never heard the name, but I am aware of red beryl, well, more important;y other beryls: emerald, and aquamarine. But I do know that you won't find it in the US(it isn't mined there). It is generally mined in Afgahnistan, I believe.

azuremariposa
05-04-2003, 09:35
well, they don't have it listed, but you can try contacting Heaven & Earth (http://www.HeavenAndEarthJewelry.com) to see if they have any or know where to get it...i've contacted them in the past for rare items, and they've come through...hope this helps! :)
many blessings...

Ruby7
05-04-2003, 10:17
According to my gemmology book, bixbite is a red beryl, it's colouring comes from manganese and it is found in the Thomas mountains in Utah. The crystals are usually small and badly flawed and are valued for their rarity. Expect to pay big bucks for a piece of this.

As to where to buy bixbite I am afraid I don't have any suggestions other than searching on the internet or the place that Azuremariposa mentioned. Good luck!