I found a deck I can read for MYSELF with!

Amary

I am so happy right now! I always have trouble reading for myself- I pull the cards that are related to what I'm afraid of, or what I *think* the answer is.

Not so the Bohemian Gothic! I did a reading last night about my Mother In Law, (Who I won't have anything to do with anymore) asking if I was being too hard on her and if I should give her another (YET another) chance.

The cards pointed out that it didn't MATTER what they said, I was still going to do what I wanted to do, so why bother answering! They did point out that the reason I stay away from her is that I'm terrified of her, which I had never considered before, but it's very true. That was it, though- "You're afraid, you're not going to change your mind, so there's no point in asking the question."

Did I three card spread asking what her intentions toward me were- same thing. "It doesn't matter, you're holding on to those hurts and fears so tight that nothing is going to change."

Then, I cut the deck randomly while asking "anything else?" and got the Devil. I get that card every single time I read about my MIL. ;)

It was just so exciting- any of my other decks would have either thrown cards that showed me what I wanted to see, but not necessarily what the truth was, or I would have sat staring at them blankly for awhile before giving up.

This is groundbreaking! I swear I love that deck more every day. :D

WingspreadPhoenix

That's really nice :> It's good to see that there's a deck that works that well when you read for yourself!

shamoness

I agree the BG really does speak the truth. I find it speaks volumes, even chapters I'd rather not "read".

Glad to see you have found "your" deck.

Briar Rose

I love the Dark Sister. I am glad you got a good reading from it. Have you tried the Victorian Romantic? It gives excellent readings too.

Asbestos Mango

Really? I've never met a Tarot deck that I couldn't read for myself with.

Just about all the decks I've owned, I've been able to click with.

Amary

The Victorian Romantic is my darling. :)

It's odd, I have no trouble reading for other people with just about anything I pick up, but for myself, I tend to get the cards that are what I'm afraid of. Once my husband was going on a trip, and I got the Moon, The Chariot Reversed, and the Tower. Of course, nothing happened, but it was still terrifying.

Libra8ca

Amary, I've had similar experiences with the Bohemian Gothic tarot. I recently asked it what would happen if I contacted a relative with whom I have not had contact with for a while. I have to add here, that I don't really want to do this at this time for a variety of reaons including some health issues and that a later time would be better. One of the cards I drew was the 3 pentacles with the Frankenstein monster and this really confirmed my fear that I would be bothered by this relative and feel overwhelmed with the "resurrected" relationship. This card really nailed the issue for me, it was freaky!

iceclone

I haven't studied the deck yet, but when I tested it for a reading, it was perfect. I think it will be one of my favorites too.

Morgane_49

I don't have any problems reading for myself with any deck, but there are those that 'flow' better when I read with them...Pretty amazing, isn't it?

It's kind of like finding a new friend that you know is going to be a keeper!

strings of life

Congratulations Amary! It's a great feeling. I feel the same about my VR and haven't read with my BG yet. And, I am considering using both for an IDS (I know, another thread ;)). There's something about the BG that acts as a window to the hidden and mysterious sides of ourselves. I'm quite curious about getting to know that deck. I just need the book for it!

I feel a connection with my Morgan-Greer. Deemed a beginners deck by many, I feel that it goes quite deep with color theory and symbolism: there's more going on than what appears to just be close-up pictures.