I did not have these problems before tarot!

Amary

I am going to Ihop with a friend tonight, to eat and to work on our NaNoWriMo works. I was packing up my bag, and trying to decide what deck to take.

First, I had to pack the tea leaf oracle, because it's great for writing help. Then, I had to take the Bohemian Gothic, because it's currently my favorite reading deck. However, I didn't want to take the entire kit, and I haven't made a bag for it yet. I tried borrowing the bag from my Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale (cream with gold lining and music notes)... No. The BG refused to get in the bag. Too fluffy.

What about the purple velvet bag from the Revelations? No. Too purple.

The black bag from Legacy of the Divine? Absolutely not, VERY poorly made. (So sue me, I have a hard time with velvet.)

I suggested an organza bag, but the BG was deeply offended by the suggestion.

Finally, it acquiesced to use the bag from my Victorian Romantic Gold, and all was well, right?

No. Now the Victorian Romantic is huffy. She refuses to get into the BG box, because it's too much like a coffin and she'll have nightmares. Finally I wrangle her into HER box, but she is NOT in a very good mood right now.

I sound like a crazy person, but I swear they have personalities.

AJ

:)

Shhh. Mine don't have bags, lets not get that started here :)

Amary

I tell you truly, I am in slavery to these decks. They keep me up all hours of the night sewing. The ones that don't have bags are starting to get downright cranky about it.

shelikes2read

My decks are in index card boxes. My Transparent deck is in a clear plastic index card box with the microfiber cleaning cloth I bought to ensure that the cards stay smudge-free. My Gilded deck is in its organza bag in a translucent charcoal-gray box. I like how the clear box complements the clear deck, and how the translucent box lets the Gilded's intricate pattern of the back of the deck to show through just a bit.

Since I have been using both decks lately, I found a clear plastic school supply box that just fits the decks in their boxes and their spreadcloths. They're safe and happy as is. I'm not going to tell them about fancy card bags. ;)

Asbestos Mango

Now, see, this is why bandannas were invented.

You can find them in various colors, prints and patterns, they're inexpensive, and you can most likely find one that fits the personality of each deck. You keep each deck wrapped snugly in its own bandanna, which will then serve as its reading cloth.

Oh, and my Archeon Tarot has finally forgiven me for reading with it on my lovely, lovely print scarf that I use for a reading cloth. I'm hoping I will be able to persuade it to accept a new black bandanna, though, as the one it's currently wrapped in is frayed at the edges and looks kind of tacky.

Golden Moon

All of mine are kept in their original Box. The only ones I use to read with are in a bag. I have 1 bag for Tarot Cards & 1 small bag for small oracle cards. Tehy all share the same bag if they like it or not.

Grizabella

I don't know who started this keeping bags in decks but my decks have gotten more finicky than a teenager going on a first date. I can't keep up with them. I'm having the same problem as the rest of you. :p

Elnor

... and the boxes. Don't forget the boxes- my Hoi Polloi is sulking because she is in the box that was previously used for crystals, so it's not a 'proper' Tarot box. She keeps dropping hints about eBay, and what with it being nearly xmas- etc. etc.
(sigh) it's not enough I have to think about presents for family- now my Tarot cards want prezzies, too. :rolleyes:

Grizabella

Well, my Lenormands have gotten in on the act. They were peeved that I put my backup LS Lenormand Tarot in with them in their big carved box so they kicked it out, claiming there's not enough room in there for it, in spite of the fact that they've accepted my Mary Cicely Barker playing cards and a few other oracles and scrunched over to make room for them without a problem. They do insist, though, that there must be some more Lenormand versions I haven't got and they want those to replace the other kinds that are in there.

nisaba

Silks. Large squares of tie-dyed watered-silk. I wrap them many times around the deck. I'm very fussy about the colour-combinations - some I wouldn't even look at, even though the material is right, and they each belong to specific decks based on their colour-energy. They don't get used for spreadcloths because I don't carry an iron with me. The second tier of decks get the bags.

(But that could be because I haven't yet lashed out an a state-of-the-art Sulis-bag or a Baba-bag yet!)