Bringing Tarot Cards to Work

Madison_Mayfair

I work long hours and sometimes between calls, I like to do things such as read. Sometimes I feel the need to look at my tarot cards. I own quite a few decks now. Would it be a good idea to designate a deck for "outdoor" use and bring it to work just to let me pass the day and focus on the cards when I have a few moments to myself? I do worry about "rogue" energies but I figure as long as I keep them separate from my special cards, they should be okay.

Do you think bringing them to work is a good idea?

WingspreadPhoenix

I think it should be fine. I bring a deck to school every day and goodness knows of all the "rogue" energies there xD I still read fine, though. It might even bring you good luck if you have it! Just be careful not to misplace it!!

firecatpickles

I have a deck of cards in the glovebox in my car. I don't worry about what energies or going where or doing what---I read the cards.

CathS

I agree, I keep a deck in my bag so it's always handy. The cards read what they read, no matter where I expose them apparently.

rif

I always carry cards to work too. I think it's fine as long as you feel you have space or privacy to use them.

Madison_Mayfair

rif said:
I always carry cards to work too. I think it's fine as long as you feel you have space or privacy to use them.

It's not really private there but I am in a cubicle. I brought them to work once and there were a few curious onlookers but the lady right next to me turned out to be a Tarot enthusiast and did an (almost) complete reading for me that was quite accurate! Most onlookers there have no idea what they are anyway so I'm not too worried about that. I'm more worried about the energy but I think I'll just keep them separated from my special ones and they should be okay :)

Thanks everyone!

SunChariot

Madison_Mayfair said:
I work long hours and sometimes between calls, I like to do things such as read. Sometimes I feel the need to look at my tarot cards. I own quite a few decks now. Would it be a good idea to designate a deck for "outdoor" use and bring it to work just to let me pass the day and focus on the cards when I have a few moments to myself? I do worry about "rogue" energies but I figure as long as I keep them separate from my special cards, they should be okay.

Do you think bringing them to work is a good idea?

When I was starting out I got a second copy of my first deck just to carry around with me to work and look at and study in breaks and at lunchtime. I did that for months and after a while I stopped feeling the need to do so, then I gifted it to a friend at work who was interested in learning.

Babs

itskelvinkkc

Yup, I don't think it's a problem to bring your cards to school or work. As long as you have time to use it and don't make it dirty. It's fine.

Grizabella

There's nothing wrong with taking your decks anywhere you want to, as long as you're considerate of other people. I don't believe in rogue energies and things like that. I've never encountered any and I've been reading and using cards for quite a few years now. :)

nisaba

I always have one [particular deck with me, and lately I usually have at least another one, as well. I don't pull them out every time, but they are there as a resource (and safe from whatever might be happening in my home in the way of burglaries or other disasters).