weird question... cards, conjecture, & telling stories

saleeneh

Where do the cards stop and conjecture begin? I have noticed now after many readings that the cards are always right. Where I "go wrong" is when I start to try to explain them. For instance, when I try to come up for a reason for why a particular card is there, or why the situation is occuring. Example:
I will pull cards and I can see there might be trouble in a relationship, maybe I will see the husband working too much etc. I will start to come up with a reason... money problems?, is he escaping from the wife? does he have a big project at work? etc. These are things that the cards didnt' show just me trying to reason it out. This is where I go wrong. So should I stick to the cards i.e." your husband and you are having difficulty I see, I see he is working a lot". And leave it there. Or keep drawing cards to see why he is working a lot (which I will be drawing cards all day if I take that approach). what do you do? Should I use the KISS method? thanks,

Golden Moon

saleeneh said:
Where do the cards stop and conjecture begin? I have noticed now after many readings that the cards are always right. Where I "go wrong" is when I start to try to explain them. For instance, when I try to come up for a reason for why a particular card is there, or why the situation is occuring. Example:
I will pull cards and I can see there might be trouble in a relationship, maybe I will see the husband working too much etc. I will start to come up with a reason... money problems?, is he escaping from the wife? does he have a big project at work? etc. These are things that the cards didnt' show just me trying to reason it out. This is where I go wrong. So should I stick to the cards i.e." your husband and you are having difficulty I see, I see he is working a lot". And leave it there. Or keep drawing cards to see why he is working a lot (which I will be drawing cards all day if I take that approach). what do you do? Should I use the KISS method? thanks,

1st of all, what is the KISS method? and 2nd, well the cards are just there to give you guidance, not to tell you the answers. They give you cluess that you need to solve, thats where your intuition kicks in and stars to "unravle";).

WingspreadPhoenix

Golden Moon said:
1st of all, what is the KISS method? and 2nd, well the cards are just there to give you guidance, not to tell you the answers. They give you cluess that you need to solve, thats where your intuition kicks in and stars to "unravle";).
Keep
It
Simple/Short and
Stupid/Simple

Depends on how friendly you want to keep it.

saleeneh, I also seem to get this problem. I personally don't try to guess at anything. The way I see it, if it's necessary to know "why," then the cards will say it (they've done that for me before, and I'm grateful!)

Sinduction

Say what you see and not what you think. :D Is that short/simple enough?

Keep your logical thinking brain out of it.

saleeneh

that makes so much sense

Thanks it is nice to know there is someone else out there that tends to over-analyze everything! I am going to keep that as my mantra now.. say what I see not what I think!!! yes, thanks again..

Grizabella

Yes, say what you see, not what you think and not what you guess. It might be that the reason he's working a lot isn't something you're supposed to know or that the sitter is supposed to know or that the sitter would want others to know.

Always trust what you're given when you're reading. If you're supposed to know something, you will, and sometimes it's not from the cards alone, it's just that it comes to you. If you wonder about something, then you don't say what you think it might be. You only say what you know.

SunChariot

saleeneh said:

When I start embellishing (if you want to call it that, LOL) that is the point where everything goes most rigth. But to me the idea is not to reason out with your mind what is there between the lines, but to feel it inside you, to close your mind and listen to what is left, what your intuition feels is the answer. If you keep working at it it really does get more accurate and easier to do over time. The answer may well be there in your heart and soul, not in your mind. They, to me, are what you need to listen to.

Babs

Sinduction

Grizabella said:
Yes, say what you see, not what you think and not what you guess. It might be that the reason he's working a lot isn't something you're supposed to know or that the sitter is supposed to know or that the sitter would want others to know.

Always trust what you're given when you're reading. If you're supposed to know something, you will, and sometimes it's not from the cards alone, it's just that it comes to you. If you wonder about something, then you don't say what you think it might be. You only say what you know.

I wanted to add one of my experiences to this. I'm sure it's somewhere on the AT! :D

Anyway, I was ready for a friend and told him what I saw, which was that a woman would soon reveal a secret concerning an older man. I was beside myself that I could not come up with the secret myself. Like I somehow failed him because I couldn't tell him the secret.

As it turns out, someone close to him was dying and it was his mother that told him. Now, do you think he would have rather heard that from me, or his mother?

I never apologize anymore for not seeing "enough." I see what I am meant to see and what my sitter is meant to hear. Those decisions are not up to me.

You will get there, don't worry. :D

And for SC, that is so true for me! When I start rambling and saying things and I'm like, "Where did that even come from?" and my sitter is amazed that I knew something I should not have known. Those are the moments! :D It's almost like a trance. But it does not come from my brain. Usually I'm cocking my head as if I'm trying to hear something that no one else is hearing. Too funny!

saleeneh

I see what you mean

I also do this rambling thing...I call it going in to my head.. but my friend calls it stream of consciousness...oooh sounds so much better that way doesnt it? Anyway, that is when I get these incredible insights that arent coming from me at all. I actually sometimes am shocked with the information I get. Now when i start to rationalize and add to the information I go "wrong" now, how do I distinguish. It seems hard for me to control this sometimes and it seems I go "wrong" when I am forcing myself to perform or produce for someone. I guess I will listen to what you guys are telling me. This is my plan: slow down, read what I see only and what comes will come. I am not a performing monkey for someones entertainment so what I get I get and that is what we are supposed to know at that time. (now if I can only do this!)