Too many readings bad luck?

Tiggy

Hi all,

I dont know if this is the right place to post? But here goes,

Is it bad luck to have too mnay readings done for you AND preform your own readings?

I have had 2 readings from the same lady over the internet and another reading done by another lady via the internet.

My problem is....the are both very conflicting. It was about my current relationship situation however one reading was obiosuly one that I wanted to hear and have given me lots of hope but the other 2 have said the complete opposit and not so good to hear.

On top of that I have been trying to do my own readings. Obiosuly this has all left me rather confused and the answer is that I need to stop the readings for a while BUT has this bought me bad luck and what would you do in my situation?

T xx

Golden Moon

No it is not:). It just wears you out thats all.

Sulis

It's not 'bad luck', I don't believe in bad luck but I have found that if you keep asking the cards the same question over and over or keep reading on the same subject over and over without any change happening in the situation you will start to get more and more confusing readings.

ShekinahLearner

I'm answering with the disclaimer that I'm still very new to the world of tarot. However, I hope this helps.

Perhaps it would help to change the question completely or do a different spread.

Instead of asking the specific question about your relationship, focus on a determination to improve things and then ask specifically for advice on what YOU can do to improve things.

I have had one professional reading done, and it was done more with the intent to learn about the nuances of tarot than for any specific problem. The one piece of advice that I was given was that it is generally not a good thing to invade someone's personal space without their permission. That meant I should not be asking my cards things about my husband unless he has given me permission to do so.

From that point on, I focused on myself and my role in our relationship and what I can personally do to improve things. This created a positive energy in the reading. I was focused on improvement, not on the problem.

The second thing I did was, when a particular card kept showing up over and over again in the reading, I asked for clarity on what that particular card was trying to tell me. This refocused my energy and took the focus away from the question and directed it at the solution, again created a more positive atmosphere in the reading.

paganwolf

Sorry didnt mean to offend canid. Ive removed the post and gonna put this instead.

I read my own True Hearts and Desires spread when i am out and about. when I am at my mums, a friends place or in the park next to an old tree in the summer I even put an amethyst next to the tree.
I have read this spread every other day at one point when a lot of changes where happening in my life I was looking to work with a course that slates tarot because i refused to give them a reading.
I keep a record of all my readings to help me learn the cards quicker. I found the spread very useful. I keep my deck with everywhere I go i carry them with a crystals, wand, Tarot book, affermation/ritual book of my own, mediation book, crystal book, pen, pendulum, 3 note books, and a book to read stored ina bible case for on the go with 2 small bags that contain a cystal, candle, pendulum, inscese cone holder and inscense cones, mall crystals, rose quartz goddess worry stone, an angel charm and coin. Im a collector myself and own over 55 sets of tarot cards and another 33 oracle cards.

Go with reading that appeals to you most ask for advice but dont ask the same question too many times or you wont get an accurate reading.

Umbrae

Tiggy said:
Hi all,

I dont know if this is the right place to post? But here goes,

Is it bad luck to have too mnay readings done for you AND preform your own readings?

I have had 2 readings from the same lady over the internet and another reading done by another lady via the internet.

My problem is....the are both very conflicting. It was about my current relationship situation however one reading was obiosuly one that I wanted to hear and have given me lots of hope but the other 2 have said the complete opposit and not so good to hear.

On top of that I have been trying to do my own readings. Obiosuly this has all left me rather confused and the answer is that I need to stop the readings for a while BUT has this bought me bad luck and what would you do in my situation?

T xx

1) The only issue with reading your own cards is 'personal bias'. You think you know what the cards are saying because you are close to the issue, but the subjectivity prevents objectivity, so sometimes we get too attached to the outcome and miss the message.

2) There are a ton of 'net' readers out there, and no way to verify how the reading was done: was it a computer read out reading that they simply sent out as 'real', perhaps a general reading that they recycle over and over for new clients that is desinged to create an element of fear in the sitter so they come back for a 'better' reading.

3) Even if you go to a 'neon' reader, there's no guarantee before you sit down that the 'reader' is real and not a con. Our field is rife with scammers.

4) Luck is what we make.

canid

paganwolf said:
I do not beleive in this but I have been told by many that you can not..........
Read tarot cards yourself.
You cannot buy your own cards.
you cannot read your cards on others.
You should only have 1 deck in your life time.
You should not receive cards as a gift.
You can only read Tarot via a book and no cards..

If you got a tool you use it. No matter what other people say. I also know that with Runes you can conact deamons. It was proven in the ages of Alister Crowley.

Ignore all of the above, PLEASE. Have you checked anyone's profile here to see how many decks they own (eh-hem, Gregory, sorry but it needed to be said), although Gregory's not the only collector here. I'm well on my way myself. I just need MONEY!

Seriously, does any of that stuff up there make sense to you? There would only be a handful of readers on the planet. As far as demons, it's all in your intent. Nothin's gonna come crawling in unless you let 'em.

Asbestos Mango

Tiggy, I don't want to sound snarky, but I think you would be best off to stop doing readings about your relationship and, you know, work on it.

It's been said before, if you keep asking the cards about the same thing but you're not doing anything to change the situation, the readings become worthless.

Plus it annoys the cards.

WingspreadPhoenix

It's not bad luck, but as others have said it isn't good to ask the same question many times because it's the first one that counts. The rest are just confusing.

Having many readings done for you and doing your own readings is fine, as long as they are new, different questions.

nisaba

Asbestos Mango said:
Tiggy, I don't want to sound snarky, but I think you would be best off to stop doing readings about your relationship and, you know, work on it.

It's been said before, if you keep asking the cards about the same thing but you're not doing anything to change the situation, the readings become worthless.

Plus it annoys the cards.
I second this. The voice of reason and intelligence.