Different needs and moon signs

LovelyMissAries

I have a moon in Taurus and my friend has a moon in Sagittarius... I was wondering if there's any kind of common ground these two moon signs can find, what their differences are, and also how to respond to the needs of a Sagittarius moon during conflict (whether that be heated or them just needing cheering up, etc.)

One thing I've figured out is that with my Taurus moon, it causes me to dwell on everything (not everything, but whatever I'm feeling I suppose). I think the difference between the Sag moon and Taurus moon is that Sag moons recover quicker, no?

214red

hi starlight
am notan expert, but one sign is not enough to work out how to work with this person, the moon is they way they deal with emotions. to investigate conflict and confilct resolution you need to look at a number of different signs, including mars.

for instance i see alot of chiron in aries people who are passive agressive, but they will have other things in their chart to indicate this also, and the reasons why.

Bernice

I agree 214red. The Moons' aspects are a crucial factor in how it functions in a person.

Bee :)

Minderwiz

I agree with both the above. All that can be said about the Moon placements is that the Moon is exalted in Taurus, whereas in Sagittarius it only has dignity by face in the last ten degrees. The Taurus placement is probably stronger but house placement, aspects to benefics or malefics and relationship to the Sun (as well as other things) are going to play very significant roles.

I'd also want to look at (in order) Venus, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Sun, and Jupiter to see how they function in the chart, whether they aspect the Moon or not (especially Venus as the Moon's ruler).

LovelyMissAries

Ok, I'll put both our charts in here:

HIS:
Ascendant in Capricorn - 6.21 degrees

Sun in Leo - 11.59 degrees

Moon in Sagittarius - 8.56 degrees

Mercury in Cancer - 26.27 degrees

Mars in Leo - 18.37 degrees

Venus in Leo - 6.57 degrees

Jupiter in Aries - 29.22

Saturn in Sagittarius - 14.42 degrees (in retrogade)

Uranus in Sagittarius - 23.02 degrees (in retrogade)

Neptune in Capricorn - 5.43 degrees (in retrogade)

Pluto in Scorpio - 7.15 degrees

Lilith in Cancer - 28.24 degrees

Asc Node in Aries - 3.36 degrees

ME:

Ascendant in Gemini - 23.46 degrees

Sun in Aries - 17.52 degrees

Moon in Taurus - 9.55 degrees (If there's a smaller number here, like so, does that mean the characteristics of this sign in this placement are less pronounced?)

Mercury in Aries - 21.16 degrees

Venus in Aries - 18.33 degrees

Mars in Gemini - 16.45 degrees

Jupiter in Gemini - 4.44 degrees

Saturn in Capricorn - 13.44 degrees

Uranus in Capricorn - 5.20 degrees

Neptune in Capricorn - 12.23 degrees

Pluto in Scorpio - 14.31 degrees (in retrogade... not quite sure what that means but if it's pluto, it can't be great...)

Lilith in Libra - 6.34 degrees

Asc Node in Pisces - 4.11 degrees

Minderwiz

I know this might sound daft but I work better on 'pictures' than simple text, so I'd find it easier if you post your (plural) natal details - time, date, place, especially as you don't list any house cusps apart from the Ascendant.

He was born in Summer, approximately just under 2 hours before Sunset, whereas you were born early Spring sometime before Noon - my guess is that you have a tenth or eleventh house Sun, depending on latitude and he has a seventh or eighth house Sun again depending on latitude. Looking at temperament a quick rough calculation has him well balanced between all four humours, with Melancholy being slightly stronger than the other three. You appear to be a 60/40 split between sanguine and melacholy. So there's parts of his temperament that you don't quite understand (or at least empathise with). Your strong sanguine element is probably going to see you both through conflicts without too much strife, especially as he has a good sanguine component.

Both of you seem to have eleventh or twelfth house Moons, the natal details will pin that down. His Moon is also in an applying conjunction with Saturn, so the already essentially debilitated Moon is in bad aspect with a malefic. His Moon may not function particularly well and it certainly can't compete with his strong Sun. For both of you the Moon is above the horion in a day chart, which is not a strong placement - yours being in exaltation is more able to cope with that.

LovelyMissAries

Minderwiz said:
I know this might sound daft but I work better on 'pictures' than simple text, so I'd find it easier if you post your (plural) natal details - time, date, place, especially as you don't list any house cusps apart from the Ascendant.

He was born in Summer, approximately just under 2 hours before Sunset, whereas you were born early Spring sometime before Noon - my guess is that you have a tenth or eleventh house Sun, depending on latitude and he has a seventh or eighth house Sun again depending on latitude. Looking at temperament a quick rough calculation has him well balanced between all four humours, with Melancholy being slightly stronger than the other three. You appear to be a 60/40 split between sanguine and melacholy. So there's parts of his temperament that you don't quite understand (or at least empathise with). Your strong sanguine element is probably going to see you both through conflicts without too much strife, especially as he has a good sanguine component.

Both of you seem to have eleventh or twelfth house Moons, the natal details will pin that down. His Moon is also in an applying conjunction with Saturn, so the already essentially debilitated Moon is in bad aspect with a malefic. His Moon may not function particularly well and it certainly can't compete with his strong Sun. For both of you the Moon is above the horion in a day chart, which is not a strong placement - yours being in exaltation is more able to cope with that.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Minderwiz, you and I have GOT to start PMing. You sound like you know EXACTLY what you're talking about when it comes to astrology and I would LOVE to learn from you (My friend MaggieMae said she learned about astrology from you as well)

My natal details:

April 7th, 1989
Henderson, Nevada
9:56 A.M (most of the charts I have done have given me a Gemini rising but MaggieMae said it was Aquarius, so I'm confused)

His natal details:

August 4th, 1987
Charleston, South Carolina
6:00 P.M.

I'm so looking forward to dissecting this and learning about the aspects and such!

Minderwiz

Thanks for the data - I'll take a look at the charts when I get some time later today.

How is Maggie ?? Not heard from her for some time and miss her cheery personality (and incessant posts LOL).

Be warned though, I don't practice modern Astrology - my approach is very traditional. I've come to the conclusion that modern Astrology has become so overwhelmed by the 'Sun Sign' approach that even an expert practioner, like Dave (Dadsnook2000), is constantly having to battle to overcome the prevailing view that all can be explained by your Sun sign.

LovelyMissAries

Minderwiz said:
Thanks for the data - I'll take a look at the charts when I get some time later today.

How is Maggie ?? Not heard from her for some time and miss her cheery personality (and incessant posts LOL).

She's good! Just working on school and whatnot like the rest of us. :)

Be warned though, I don't practice modern Astrology - my approach is very traditional. I've come to the conclusion that modern Astrology has become so overwhelmed by the 'Sun Sign' approach that even an expert practioner, like Dave (Dadsnook2000), is constantly having to battle to overcome the prevailing view that all can be explained by your Sun sign.

Haha, I'm the one with the Taurus moon... I LOOOOVE tradition!!

Minderwiz

OK, it's been a busy day, so I've not done an awful lot - but I can confirm your Ascendant is Gemini. I'm not sure how Maggie arrived as Aquarius - I tried common errors such as entering the time wrongly by 12 hours - substituting PM for AM is regularly done. Nor is it a daylight saving error,that might put the sign wrong by a sign but not four signs!

I haven't double checked the temperament calculation I made from the original data but I'm fairly sure it's correct.