animal totems for a mini altar?

cardlady22

Does anyone know where I can find small carved gemstone animals? I'm looking for them to be around an inch tall. (not drilled for pendants or beads)

Apollonia

Depending on what animals you are looking for, you might find something you like if you look on ebay or Google "Zuni fetish carvings." The carvers are mostly Native Americans, they use diverse materials, including semi precious stone (examples I've purchased include elk antler, lapis, turquoise, and pipestone), and although most of the carvings are of traditionally American animals, they sometimes carve other types, such as elephants, kangaroos, unicorns, etc.

Although the original carvings were empowered and used for assistance with hunting, etc., the ones offered on websites are generally not empowered, so presumably there wouldn't be an energetic conflict in placing one on an altar.

HearthCricket

If you can find a store that sells fetishes (Native American store) or a Metaphysical store that sells the ones from Peru that are carved from stone, you can get quite a collection going. I have jet raven, antler owl, stone owl and turtle, and a few others floating about! They are addicting one you start!!!

cardlady22

Thank you for the online resources! There are no shops of this kind where I live, so mail order is my only option.

cardlady22

Great minds, emmsma! I sent them an email last night.

Briar Rose

what kind of Animals are you looking for?

Alta

This is great, I never though of asking here. I need an owl carved from hematite. I'll check these resources, just wanted to thank those contributing.

M

silverwings94

Gem and mineral shows usually have vendors there that sell them. That's where I have gotten mine from. 2 years ago I was able to get a Llama for my oldest daughter. She has loved llamas since she was a lillte girl and still does at the age of 31.