PsyCards

sunflowr

Has anyone here ever used the Psycards deck and, if so, what are your experiences with it and how accurate are the readings for you?

Alta

I bought the deck, and they promised that a book was going to be published. As far as I know there has never been a book and I have never been able to figure out the cards.

Alta

Thanks zorya! I just sent an email to Jeanette.

Lee

The book is a recently written book by Nick Hobson, the deck's creator. At first he was only selling it himself, but it looks like US Games has picked it up.

I looked it up on Amazon (US), and they have two entries. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1572813571/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

looks like it's the book together with the deck. They also list the book alone.

-- Lee :)

sunflowr

Lee said:
The book is a recently written book by Nick Hobson, the deck's creator. At first he was only selling it himself, but it looks like US Games has picked it up.

I looked it up on Amazon (US), and they have two entries. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1572813571/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

looks like it's the book together with the deck. They also list the book alone.

-- Lee :)

Interesting! Maybe I'll get that. I have the deck and have been thinking of trying to do readings with it again. I've left it in a drawer for several years and am digging up some of my old decks and seeing what I want. I might be trading some soon! Not sure yet about the Psycards deck but was curious as to others experiences.

Jeannette

Psycards Book: Update from USG

Since there's a thread on this, Marion, I'll just post this latest info publicly: I once again tried to order the Psycards book this week, during our latest round of USG restocks. My contacts at USG confirm that the Psycards book is still unavailable, and they unfortunately have absolutely no target date as to when it may be released.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news -- I'd sure like to see this book available soon!

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

Cerulean

Here's a publisher link

http://www.psycards.com/

There's a suggestion on the website that seemed a little to superficial for me. The art of the cards seemed nice, like other storytelling cards---but they sometimes are somewhat lacking to me.
For instance, The Voyage, which is a ship on a maplike setting--I recall the Columbus deck by Folchi who might show such a scene and have richer details and deeper meaning if I like see it
in the context of the suit or minors. For straight illustration, I'm a fan of Edmund Dulac and historic art, so it is just my taste.
Anyway they suggest that anyone who is 'dating' someone else should have the someone pick cards and tell a story or ideas. So from myself, I'd say, "It's nice that you are interested in cards. I don't mind playing, but I seem to remember that the authors of this deck aren't neutral about their meanings. I detect bits from their own background on the symbology of the cards. If we're looking at such art, I'd like to suggest another deck where the author makes suggestions, but doesn't project views. Or maybe one with a more friendly mix or touches of different backgrounds...at least for this sort of game."
For such games, then I'd then bring the Romeo and Juliet or Osho Zen. I think the kids and some art-oriented friends like these games briefly. A very odd contrast to this is that I like the Symbolon cards but don't pick up a bias at all. I don't know why.
---------------------------------------
My husband glances at card designs out of kindness and remains convinced the design of quotes and straight scenes from the Norwicki Shakesperean is what he understands.
But since these Psycards aren't dreamlike, nor richly evocative to my tastes...that's my take on them. I found they were similar to the Old English set that I gave away.
Hope the website link or this opinion helps.
Mari H.

darwinia

Psycards vs. Symbolon

Mari, I was interested in your comments as I've been vacillating for several months on the Psycards. I really like the Symbolon as well but was put off by its "past lives" emphasis (or at least the emphasis in the marketing blurb.)

Can you expand a bit on this comment of yours about the Symbolon? The art really knocks me out and I printed several reviews and cards in colour for that reason. I am still carrying the sheaf of papers around in my purse in an indecisive way. <g>

Cerulean

I'll start a thread on the Symbolon in the divination section. Some of us talked about reviving a little discussion...

Mari Hoshizaki