PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Moon on December 31st

EarthFaery
09-12-2009, 22:14
**check out post #6 for your Star Cafe lunar eclipse horoscope**

Does anyone know what time the Blue Moon on Dec. 31 goes 100% full?
My program does not list this full moon (and it's kepler!:mad:)
I am finding conflicting times, like 12 hrs difference! and no clue on time zones.

I've settled on these 2: 1 for 4:16am EST (0916 GMT) and then another for 2:16pm EST (1916 GMT) lol, my gut says 1 of these is a typo, and that the 2nd is correct.
Anyone know for sure? Please and Thank you :) I can't celebrate and do my hocus pocus without knowing an exact time. (well...I could but I won't feel good about it)

Oh, and I think it will be in cancer at 10*-15'???

The next Blue Moon will be Aug. 2012

Minderwiz
09-12-2009, 22:30
Well According to the American Ephemeris for the 21st Century, it occurs at 19:14 GMT at 10 degrees 15 mins Cancer. I double checked it with Solar Fire and that gives the exact opposition a minute or so earlier.

So your second time seems to be the correct one there.

AquarianGoddess
10-12-2009, 04:30
Here is a link:

http://www.keen.com/CommunityServer/UserBlogPosts/SunGoddess78/Lunar-Eclipse-Cancer-December-31--2009--New-Years-Eve/497241.aspx

It's a good way to end a year -- a lunar eclipse and letting go of what is not working in one's life.

AG

Curtis Penfold
10-12-2009, 04:52
I always get excited with lunar eclipses. Always makes me want to shout at the wolf that's biting the moon and then have a big feast afterwards. Perhaps I'm a pagan at heart...

EarthFaery
10-12-2009, 11:31
Thank you Minderwiz, I appreciate you double checking for me.
I don't know why my program doesn't list it's time, it's in the moon calendar listing but it was omitted from the moon phase time listing, and again the full moon time listing on Feb 28 is missing (I haven't investigated that one yet) but really,
:laugh: how could they do such a thing.

EarthFaery
10-12-2009, 11:46
Awesome link Aquarian Goddess! Thank you! I copied and pasted these for everyone. I'm Virgo, I know exactly who and what this is referring too. Amazing! I Love it!

Aries:

Staying in sync with its emotional flavor, this Eclipse provokes mixed feelings as you balance your need for security with your ambitious plans for the year ahead. You are urged to express what you might normally keep to yourself as you are pushed to the edge.

Taurus:
You end the year on a somber note as you reevaluate your beliefs and reconsider educational or travel plans. Emotionally intense conversations can feel threatening, but facing the truth is hard work that rewards you with greater trust and respect. Stay cool!

Gemini:
A year of extremes comes to a head by revealing the truths about certain people involved in your life. Fears about changing dynamics are exposed and you let go of irrational insecurities. This helps solidify what is truly yours. Reevaluate what you really want.

Cancer:
This Eclipse Is Very Powerful On You challenging you to reshape your relationships! Serious conversations about unresolved issues can help untangle knots of misunderstanding if you temper your feelings with logic. Remember your limits.

Leo:
Your desire to retreat instead of going to a party is your natural reaction as you get more contemplative in the final days of the year. You may be busier than you wish and are challenged to find calm amid all the noisy distractions. Meditation is a good release.

Virgo:
This moody Lunar Eclipse could lead to a parting of the ways with a colleague or friend. Turning anger into a creative plan is imperative if you hope to avoid resentment that could simmer dangerously for weeks. The year ends on an instrospective note for you.

Libra:
You may feel weary or defeated as you ride an emotional roller-coaster. But, don’t give up; you just need some time to relax. Your ambition will get a second wind after this Eclipse clears the air as the year ahead proves to be anything but boring. Look ahead!

Scorpio:
Expect a readjustment of long-range plans as you are presented with an opportunity to actualize your dreams. Along the way take care of business and have fun. The lid is blown off secrets and your maturity will mix with kindness to address difficult issues.

Sagittarius:
.This eclipse slows you down warning that safety and kindness are more important than speed now. You are urged to set aside sentiment if you want to make your relationships more meaningful. Don’t sweat the ‘small stuff’ and all around you will be happy

Capricorn:
Buried emotional issues are dragged out into the open just in time for the New Year. Once you know what doesn’t work you’ll be better able to create a new plan and try again when the time is right. Caution is the word when expressing your needs.

Aquarius:
You are beginning to think about whether your needs are being met in your daily professional and personal life. A decision to reapply yourself to your current position or look elsewhere for greener professional pastures is the first step towards success. Enjoy!

Pisces:
Careless social behavior can prove costly. A hard decision about romance or a creative project lies ahead; taking charge of a situation is better than trying to duck it. Your obligations to others can weigh heavily so lighten the load by turning work into play. :-)

EarthFaery
10-12-2009, 11:59
I always get excited with lunar eclipses. Always makes me want to shout at the wolf that's biting the moon and then have a big feast afterwards. Perhaps I'm a pagan at heart...Sweet, Curtis!! And speaking of wolves, this one sort of screws me up as it's labeled a full Wolf Moon (or storm according to the witches almanac), but I've always given that to the January moon because I hear them howl for real on that one. It's so cool! So, I'll have to wait till after to determine which one gets the name

DevilishAngel
10-12-2009, 13:58
You we go by our sun sign or moon sign?

214red
10-12-2009, 18:52
thanks for the information, i am curious about the partial eclipse, am going to have a NYE party and will be doing a small meditation outside before the festivities as it seems fitting.

i am cancer so am curious about how this will affect me, which chart on astro.com would be the best to view and try and work out the affect it will have?

or does anyone fancy a astro /tarot swap?

Minderwiz
10-12-2009, 19:33
You we go by our sun sign or moon sign?

I'm assuming you are referring to SMV's quotes from the website.

Go by your Sun sign.

For those who are interested in how such things are done, take your Sun sign and treat that as your first house (whether it is or not in fact) Then count forward in the direction of the Zodiac till you get to either Cancer or Capricorn. This is the axis of the eclipse and your count will tell you which house it falls in for your sign.

So I'm Sun sign Libra, that gives me Capricorn as fourth, and Cancer as tenth. The reading should have something to do with home and security, safety compared with the emotional stress of public life.

Two other examples:

For Taurus it would be third/ninth - travel beliefs and education
For Pisces it would be fifth/eleventh - friends colleagues and creativity

The house containing the eclipse is the source of stress or emotional issues, the house containing the Sun is the resolution of the issues - so for me it's relax at home to overcome that public stress. For a Pisces it's stress from a fifth house issues such as a creative project, or romance, which can impact on social behaviour and obligations to others (eleventh)

The situation is further tweaked by the square from Saturn (the Sun's ruler) and (from the author's perspective) the opposition of Pluto. I would have laid more emphasis on the Opposition from Venus which is conjunct the Sun and therefore combust. That would certainly have an impact on relationships, social behaviour, interaction with women, etc.

Ashtaroot
10-12-2009, 19:45
I'm assuming you are referring to SMV's quotes from the website.

Go by your Sun sign.

For those who are interested in how such things are done, take your Sun sign and treat that as your first house (whether it is or not in fact) Then count forward in the direction of the Zodiac till you get to either Cancer or Capricorn. This is the axis of the eclipse and your count will tell you which house it falls in for your sign.

So I'm Sun sign Libra, that gives me Capricorn as fourth, and Cancer as tenth. The reading should have something to do with home and security, safety compared with the emotional stress of public life.

Two other examples:

The house containing the eclipse is the source of stress or emotional issues, the house containing the Sun is the resolution of the issues - so for me it's relax at home to overcome that public stress. For a Pisces it's stress from a fifth house issues such as a creative project, or romance, which can impact on social behaviour and obligations to others (eleventh)

The situation is further tweaked by the square from Saturn (the Sun's ruler) and (from the author's perspective) the opposition of Pluto. I would have laid more emphasis on the Opposition from Venus which is conjunct the Sun and therefore combust. That would certainly have an impact on relationships, social behaviour, interaction with women, etc.

Thank you for posting this
it is really cool :D

214red
10-12-2009, 20:24

am i reading this right in my chart, i am cancerian and that rules my 4th house so it would affect my 4th and 10th?

i posted my chart here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127900

i am interested because i am moving in jan/feb so am curious about the impact the blue moon will have

have attached my transits for the 31st

Minderwiz
10-12-2009, 20:34
As with all Sun sign columns, it assumes that people have the same Ascendant as their Sun sign, or perhaps more accurately that Houses are measured from the Sun sign (counting in whole signs, with the Sun sign as the first House).

To make it more personal, try using your own Ascendant as the starting point and look for the House containing the eclipsed Moon. In my case my Ascendant is 23 Leo so the eclipse lies in my eleventh House and the Sun is in my fifth. I could also modify the interpretation to allow for my natal planets and indeed progressed planets as well as the transiting ones (those in the eclipse chart).

For my wife the eclipse is quite important because it happens a couple of hours after her Solar Return (non precessed) A return which shares the same angles as her natal chart (with only a few degrees difference). So this could well be a momentous year for her!

Minderwiz
10-12-2009, 20:42
am i reading this right in my chart, i am cancerian and that rules my 4th house so it would affect my 4th and 10th?

i posted my chart here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127900

i am interested because i am moving in jan/feb so am curious about the impact the blue moon will have

Well in the website SMV quotes, you would take Cancer as your first House, so the issues would be first, seventh. Self against others. However if you want to personalise it, as per my post above, then it does shift to your fourth, tenth axis. Read the SMV summary as though you were an Aries, if you want to see what the predicition is for you.

However, better still, try and do your own self prediction using the fourth/tenth axis and your natal planets as well as the tranists.

A challenge I had when I took my Astrology course was to actually write a Sun sign column for a particular day. It's not easy, even though it is very general. A lot of professionals do it because it's a good earner - papers and magazines will pay quite a bit and usually the column is syndicated.

Elven
10-12-2009, 21:02
If Im right, I think the Sabian Symbol for this degree and Moon is Cancer 11 - A Clown is Caricaturing well-known Personalities.

Ok, is there an Obama Roast happening I dont know about? ;)

On a more serious note, this Symbol relates to: masking the reality of a situation, humour or deadpan responses, masquerades, hide and seek type games, entertaining and being entertained, fun at the expense of someone else, mimes and second guessing, a circus (metaphorically - which could be any place where you are), percieved reality versus actual reality, acting out senarios, expression, spotlights, putting on a performance.

Its seems very apt for New Year, and for some of the emotional energies which will be around.

Cheers
Elven x

214red
10-12-2009, 21:06
Well in the website SMV quotes, you would take Cancer as your first House, so the issues would be first, seventh. Self against others. However if you want to personalise it, as per my post above, then it does shift to your fourth, tenth axis. Read the SMV summary as though you were an Aries, if you want to see what the predicition is for you.

However, better still, try and do your own self prediction using the fourth/tenth axis and your natal planets as well as the tranists.

i might just try that, i do have the Robert hand book on transits, and i brought a new one recently on predictive astrology (however it doesnt explain itself well i dont think)

i have pulled a natal with transits form astro.com fore 31st and will see what i can make out from there

thanks as usual

Minderwiz
10-12-2009, 21:58
Which book on prediction did you buy?

I like Rob Hand, have you read the interview with him on Skyscript?

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rhand.html

214red
10-12-2009, 22:05
Which book on prediction did you buy?

I like Rob Hand, have you read the interview with him on Skyscript?

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rhand.html

I brought The Art of Predictive Astrology: Forecasting Your Life Events by Carol Rushman, i think i have a gap in knowledge between natal and moving on to transits.
i have robert hands Planet in transit

Roberts book is a good reference when looking up individual transits so i think this will help, i just find it hard linking natal to transits...think i am missing a link.

perhaps you could recomend a book that might bridge the gap

i will try the skyscript, thanks!

Minderwiz
10-12-2009, 22:47
Rushman's book does have information on lunations and eclipses so that might help, she takes a fairly standard modern approach. If your looking for other texts Bernadette Brady's 'Predictive Astrology, The Eagle and the Lark' got a lot of good reviews and I've used it quite a bit. Again she has a chapter on eclipses. Brady is making increasing use of traditional approaches, but you will find she includes the outer planets (Plutoid and all). It's a bit more of a Saturn approach - structured, analytical and academic, which is an approach I like but doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

214red
10-12-2009, 22:54
Rushman's book does have information on lunations and eclipses so that might help, she takes a fairly standard modern approach. If your looking for other texts Bernadette Brady's 'Predictive Astrology, The Eagle and the Lark' got a lot of good reviews and I've used it quite a bit. Again she has a chapter on eclipses. Brady is making increasing use of traditional approaches, but you will find she includes the outer planets (Plutoid and all). It's a bit more of a Saturn approach - structured, analytical and academic, which is an approach I like but doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

i was thinking about this book and also the planets in aspects by sue tompkins, i learn in a virgo like way, i want structure and i found that rushmans book was a bit light and washy for my liking

am loving the skyscript link also!

i think i might have a go at working on my eclipse chart, and also a friends chart and post it to see if i was anywhere near

EarthFaery
11-12-2009, 13:59
I'm no expert, but oh goodness, I think I'm doomed! the moon will be transiting my second house, with a perfect square to my natal Mercury 5th (at 7:39pm) :bugeyed:, and a separating square with Jupiter. Seems kinda hot and cold, I should feel good with the Jupiter square but at the same time, moody and difficult. Hahahaha, I don’t think I should be around any people, or I'll say things I'll regret I'm sure! No rational thought or thinking before I speak. I'll have to try very very hard to keep my mouth shut, but I don't expect to have any control, I‘m a loose cannon as it is right now. I can't this as positive...I have a Gemini asc. and a virgo sun, moon, pluto and SN and merc in libra. Mercury dominates my whole chart, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and the 10th by aspects, so I would think I would have difficulties in all these areas :laugh: As long as no one touches my stuff, talks to me about religion, and doesn’t do or say anything stupid to me in general, it’ll be a fine day. Oh and my kids should probably stay clear away lol.
The rest of the chart isn't so great either, lots and lots of red! Except a perfect trine form tr sun to my natal moon. So I have a perfect square and a perfect trine, how bout that, cool!

Curtis Penfold
11-12-2009, 14:02
Am I right to say that the Lunar Eclipse is not going to be seen in the United States?

EarthFaery
11-12-2009, 14:12
Australia, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Not the US this time :(
I know there is a total lunar eclipse on Dec. 21, 2010. My son's birthday and the winter solstice. An exciting day for moi :)

Curtis Penfold
11-12-2009, 14:18
double post

Curtis Penfold
11-12-2009, 14:19
Australia, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Not the US this time :(
I know there is a total lunar eclipse on Dec. 21, 2010. My son's birthday and the winter solstice. An exciting day for moi :)

Man, that is cool. Lunar eclipse the same day. On the winter solistice? Your son was born on the rebirth of the sun :) I'm going to be celebrating the triumph of light twice. You get to celebrate it three times ;)

I'm not a pagan, but I'm a big fan of pagan rituals. Sometimes, I try to organize parties centered around the solistices and the equinoxes. Helps me think about the paralels between the spirit and nature.

EarthFaery
11-12-2009, 14:29
You *are* a Pagan at heart:heart: You seem to be quite drawn to it, it's in deep your soul, and when it's there, it can't be surpressed :)

Curtis Penfold
11-12-2009, 16:44
You *are* a Pagan at heart:heart: You seem to be quite drawn to it, it's in deep your soul, and when it's there, it can't be surpressed :)

Pagan? Maybe I should say I'm a poet. I study and practice different spiritual beliefs as a study of the soul.

re-pete-a
11-12-2009, 19:21
It's good to have a broad outlook before deciding on your OWN chosen direction.
Enjoy the festives for what they are , celebrations of beliefs.

214red
12-12-2009, 08:47
i have started noting the full moon more seriously, however the NYE eclipse is in my diary because being the queen of wands i am, i am having a party and i like the idea of starting out side to see the moon:-)

i am not a ritual person, but i have to admit when i do a ful moon ritual i feel it, it works for me

blueviolet
19-12-2009, 04:51
This is all very interesting, thanks for sharing this! I'm a Pisces, so this gives me a heads up that things may not be in my favor if I were to attempt a party time that day/night. Yikes. :/

WalesWoman
22-12-2009, 16:17
Leo: Sun
Your desire to retreat instead of going to a party is your natural reaction as you get more contemplative in the final days of the year. You may be busier than you wish and are challenged to find calm amid all the noisy distractions. Meditation is a good release.

Capricorn: Moon
Buried emotional issues are dragged out into the open just in time for the New Year. Once you know what doesn’t work you’ll be better able to create a new plan and try again when the time is right. Caution is the word when expressing your needs.

Lol This will probably happen whether this goes by sun sign or moon sign because I'm already putting a kabosh on the New Years Eve party ideas so far... don't feel like an enebriated midnight ride in freezing weather in a little boat open to the elements or being the only female in a room full of men playing poker, tho' the poker party would be close enough to walk home from once I was bored enough. I'd be fine sitting at home looking at the Blue Moon Eclipse, but husband thinks we have to bring in the New Year together.
Naturally this will bring up buried emotional issues and as always I have to use caution when expressing my needs.

Kibeth
01-01-2010, 10:53
That seemed to hit the Water house bad. I could not help but notice the Water people feel obviously inexplicably dark and emotional in the office/party, and they were stoning where they sat, that even the non water signs noticed as well. Practically, the Cancer suns and Cancer moons were looking most moody, Scorpio and Pisces suns not too bad (unless that particular Pisces had a Cancer moon in which case she was stoning as well), and me too I guess. Feeling normal, though I'm from the sign of the crab. The blue moon eclipse could wright no change to one who is already perpetually depressed.

Elven
01-01-2010, 11:32
Ive never seen our town so quiet for NYE - very strange and unparty like.

I took some video of the moon, it was a clear night here, very little cloud - but very bright in the moonlight.

I am Cap Sun and water moon - I did have my back windscreen on my van broken by a driveby bottle throwing incident the night before :( - a $600 gift from someone who thought my car should be the target ...
when I pulled a few cards and remembered what Moon was about the next night - it sort of made sense - the glass, the water, the emotions.

But I wasn't that phased - like the last thing to happen in 09 before getting a new moon and a new year.

Hope everyone else had a decent NYE Blue Moon.

Cheers
Elven x

MCsea
01-01-2010, 18:02
Awesome link Aquarian Goddess! Thank you! I copied and pasted these for everyone.

Virgo:
This moody Lunar Eclipse could lead to a parting of the ways with a colleague or friend. Turning anger into a creative plan is imperative if you hope to avoid resentment that could simmer dangerously for weeks. The year ends on an instrospective note for you.

I'm Virgo too - and unfortunately my dear friend (from childhood) passed away on the 30th.. at 35 years of age (leaving 3 small children). The year ended and started on an introspective note - yes indeed, and a great deal of gratitude for what I do have.

Thanks for this thread - it has helped lots...

MARINA

214red
02-01-2010, 05:39
so how did the moon finally affect you?

EarthFaery
03-01-2010, 07:16
Virgo:
This moody Lunar Eclipse could lead to a parting of the ways with a colleague or friend. Turning anger into a creative plan is imperative if you hope to avoid resentment that could simmer dangerously for weeks. The year ends on an instrospective note for you

This here was pretty accurate, surprisingly. I was a little upset I had to work eve and day and I am holding a grudge because this person who was supposed to split it with me suddenly had both days off. So, I seek *creative* revenge there :laugh:
But all in all it was a great day for me, I had 4 very pleasant surprises even! Nothing out of the ordinary, I thought I was gonna have a meltdown according to my trasit interp but it was nothing like that. We went to a great party, lmao with family and friends. I managed to squeeze in some hocus pocus the night before. Last night I just chilled, same with tonight...actually I'm trying to convince my husband to go to the racino tonight;) so far not so good. Last night was the last night of the full moon, and I found a moonstone point in the bottom of a christmas gift I missed somehow, so I'm feelin lucky!

214red
04-01-2010, 05:05
it was bitter sweet as my flatemate and best mate was leaving for France the next day so it initially felt somber (until a few glasses of champers later)

we all enjoyed it, and went on to my neighbours to do kareoke until about 4 am, however i wasnt able to match my normal stamina.

i didnt feel as emotional as i expected being a cancer sun, but i actually felt the energy was great and strong as i felt like 2010 was a new start for me.