I am NOT a flippin' slot machine!

canid

I am NEVER going to read for Jeannie again. Ever. Period. I read for her last month; I saw some money coming her way. She interpreted that as winning millions in the lotto & has been loudly telling everyone 'it hasn't happened yet' in her nasally voice. Today she wanted a reading & I read what I got, which was basically to start taking time out for Jeannie, start putting Jeannie first. (I have a sneaking suspicion she didn't need to be told this, but that's what I saw.) She said, oh! that's what my son was just telling me last night! So where's my million dollars? (I kid you not.) I said, 'Jeannie, you JUST got done telling me you won $735 on a machine here (bar) 2 weeks ago; you got all your Christmas shopping done & you're sooo glad you don't have to worry about it.' Jeannie: 'Yeah, but you said I was gonna win a million dollars in the lotto!' No, Jeannie, I most certainly did NOT say that, & I went over the reading last month again with her because I remember itl definitely. Then she said 'but I was thinking about it while I was shuffling!' 'Jeannie, I'm not going to make something up in the cards that's not there. That's what we got. I'm not a lotto machine.' Then I suggested she buy her gifted son a tarot deck.

Meanwhile, there's this poor old humble chap waiting for a reading. All he said was he was going thru a rough patch. I got, amongst other things, some mighty good cards for him, but a hospital stay, surgery & a longer than normal recuperation. Turns out he's going in for prostate surgery on the 14th, just broke up with his girlfriend, wrecked his car, blah blah. HE was grateful. Poor doode.

Have any of you ever run into Jeannie? What do you do?

minrice

I have not run into anyone like this, thank goodness! The closest I have gotten to someone like that is one person I occasionally read for will ask me a question about their love interest and then completely ignore my interpretation, insisting that what I have to say just isn't the situation. Okkkk...
Sounds really annoying Canid, I guess with people like that you just have to stop reading for them and then ignore them when they stop making sense.

Baroli

No, but as I was looking through the forum, I spied this title and had to look twice at it. It reads: I am NOT a flippin' slot,...and then its cut off.

I thought it said I am not a flippin' slut!! ROFLMAO great way to catch my eye. :p:laugh:

Curtis Penfold

People who ask for advice without listening to the advice given are out of touch with reality. They have problems, and they need help, but it's not the type of help you can give without being tactless at times. Tactless because you care ;)

canid

Baroli said:
No, but as I was looking through the forum, I spied this title and had to look twice at it. It reads: I am NOT a flippin' slot,...and then its cut off.

I thought it said I am not a flippin' slut!! ROFLMAO great way to catch my eye. :p:laugh:

Sorry. Didn't mean to snake you in like that hee hee.

olivia1

minrice said:
I have not run into anyone like this, thank goodness! The closest I have gotten to someone like that is one person I occasionally read for will ask me a question about their love interest and then completely ignore my interpretation, insisting that what I have to say just isn't the situation. Okkkk...

Same here, but no Jeannie (thank goodness)!

starrystarrynight

Oh, yes, I've met Jeannie. She hears what she wants to hear and twists your words to fit those desires...after the fact.

Me: "A man who is knowledgeable in that area will step up and help you get through this problem. You probably haven't met him yet."

Jeannie (a few months later): "Well, I met the guy, but he didn't fall in love with me at all. He just had his say and moved on. Hmphhh!"

Huh??

or

Me: "He is not going to contact you anytime within the scope of this spread, which I'm seeing as at least three months forward."

Three months later:

Jeannie: "He didn't contact me! You said he would contact me in three months time."

<sigh>

ETA:

p.s. I don't read for her anymore. :)

canid

starrystarrynight said:
Jeannie (a few months later): "Well, I met the guy, but he didn't fall in love with me at all. He just had his say and moved on. Hmphhh

YES! That's her exactly. I knew better though. A couple of years ago Jeannie & her boyfriend, John, were telling me about a tarot reader that one of his aunt's knew. They were rapt & in awe when telling me this reader saw three coffins in a reading, then later his cousin & uncle & somebody else had each had three small children die, totalling the three coffins!! John died earlier this year; I hadn't read for him despite constant wheedling. I did, however, do a private reading for him at home, fully intending to give it to him later. The reading wasn't so good tho & I never did. Actually, it was pretty morbid, literally, I saw heart; but was actually lung problems. He died shortly after.

I was fully warned about reading for Jeannie, so it's my fault.

That other guy tho, I can't stop thinking about him.

Alta

It is probably more normal than anything. I am sometimes flat out astonished at what people think they heard me say.

This isn't tarot but I thought illustrative. Weather forecasts as put out by the government weather service are quite long and complex. But, since I was a forecaster, those were the only kind I'd listen to, disliking the watered down version through the media. My mom was visiting me and we were listening to WeatherRadio which gives the government forecast. The forecast looked pretty miserable and it was lengthy but the very last line, intended for farmers doing hay, was: 'drying conditions fair'. My mom looked up brightly and announced, "Well, there, it's going to be fair!". Mind you, this is the same woman who after three hours of floundering around in a boat on the Bay of Fundy in driving rain hoping to see some whales announced as we walked down the dock back to the car: "Well dear, it doesn't seem to be raining quite as hard".

Indeed in many years of conveying weather forecasts to the public, the ability to mis-hear, misconstrue and generally ball up the information flow always struck me as astonishing. I think it a lot of it is background assumptions, like your lottery lady. You say 'some money' and she hears 'win the lottery', i.e. BIG money.

Another story. In Nova Scotia in winter it will often snow and then rain hard for a while then go back under the freezing point. But, two factors, the rain is falling with a temperature of maybe a degree or two above freezing, and fresh snow acts like a giant sponge for quite some time. So, we forecast this. Fellow phones up cursing me six ways to Sunday. Seems he heard the forecast, assumed that the rain would wash away the snow and let his cows out. Now his cows were stuck in the field and it was all our fault. He didn't argue that the forecast wasn't accurate, but why didn't we somehow explain, in the forecast, that the rain wouldn't wash away the snow. ...groan....

I am sure that people come to us readers with fixed ideas, experiences and wishes hopes and dreams and everything we say (or even write) gets twisted into this labyrinth in their minds.

Alta

nisaba

canid said:
Have any of you ever run into Jeannie? What do you do?
<rolls eyes> My equivalent was a young female chef who was very - let's just say - active. I could be harsh and say her energy-levels must have been chemically enhanced, because I don't think nature builds humans like her.

During the whole of the reading she yelled rather than talked - but with no aggression towards me. Plenty of aggression towards *everyone* else. And I learnt some choice things from her ongoing monologue rather than the cards, like the fact that when she is working in a kitchen with apprentices or kitchen-hands, instead of giving them instruction if they cannot work out what has to be done next, she bails them up against the wall with her Big Knives or holds them by the scruff of the neck and forces their faces within centimetres of the surface of the oil in the deep fryer.

A truly scary human.

Where she became like Jeannie was this: I told her somewhere in the reading that she wouldn't be doing what she was doing forever, it would probably be all over and done with within a year or so at the very most. So she pays me, leaves the cubicle, and yells to her girlfriend: "Can you believe that reader! She told me I'd actually still be working there in a whole year! F*** that!"