Updating and Revamping RWS Forum Index

rwcarter

I'm in the process of updating and revamping the RWS Forum Index. Right now it just contains info on the Minors and Courts, and a discussion group index. My goal is to have an index by card (Magician, 7 Pentacles, Queen Wands, etc) and to have another index by symbol (rose, horse, color, etc). I hope to have the revised index completed (and hopefully posted) by 3 Jan 2010.

Is there anything else folks would like to either see in the index or see an index for?

rwcarter, Moderator of Rider-Waite-Smith

Twoflower

Sounds good to me - I'll certainly get some use out of that :D
thanks
T

Kissa

This would be brilliant and so helpful, thank you so much, rwcarter, for your efforts. I am enjoying this subforum immensely and learning as a newbie from it.

Looking forward to the changes :)

K

thorhammer

Not that I use this forum much, but . . . what about an index that points to posts which detail useful reference or historical context information? Just a thought :)

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

thorhammer said:
Not that I use this forum much, but . . . what about an index that points to posts which detail useful reference or historical context information? Just a thought :)

\m/ Kat
Hi thorhammer. Can you please elaborate on that? Cause right this minute I have no clue what you're talking about. There will be a miscellaneous section of the index to capture things like print ads for the deck/book, minutiae about different editions of the deck/book, etc. Is that what you're talking about?

Rodney

conversus

Maybe there could be an index that could have links to threads about specific clones. This might be getting into hard work, but I think that that would be useful.

You know a list that would include a button to all the Morgan Greer threads, or to the Sheridan Douglas, or the Diamond, etc. etc.

CED

Happy Christmas!!!

teomat

I'd like to start posting my thoughts on each card as I complete a 78 week study on my deck, but I'm not sure where I should post them.

For example there are already several threads about the Fool - should I post in jmd's 'RWS - 0 the Fool' thread or start a new one? Sassyjackal has done a lot of '101' threads too which would also be good places to post. But isn't there (or can't there be) just ONE thread per card - like there generally is in the Individual Study Forums (as wonderfully illustrated by Rodney in the Ancient Egyptian forum :))?

I think it would be very useful (and easier on the brain) just to have a general thoughts/impressions thread on each card where we can all add our thoughts over time.

If it's tricky to combine all the seperate threads, I'd be happy to start some new 'generic' threads for each card. :)

rwcarter

conversus said:
Maybe there could be an index that could have links to threads about specific clones. This might be getting into hard work, but I think that that would be useful.

You know a list that would include a button to all the Morgan Greer threads, or to the Sheridan Douglas, or the Diamond, etc. etc.
Compiling the updated index is hard enough work as it is. :D

Since this is the RWS forum, links to clones is really out of the scope of the index. Decks that are just recolorings of the RWS (Radiant, Universal Waite, Albano, etc.) will be included in the index. But decks like the Morgan Greer, Sheridan Douglas, etc. won't be.

I don't know if it's possible to do the button thing and won't really have time to research that any time soon. But it's a great idea and once I've finished the index, maybe I'll see how feasible such a thing is.

Rodney

rwcarter

I definitely underestimated the amount of time and effort it's going to take to update and revamp the index. After working on it pretty heavily in the past two weeks that I've been off from work, I'm still only ~ 1/3 of the way done.

I think what I'll end up doing is putting up what I have as an "in progress" revamped index and then update the in progress index as I work on completing the full index over the next few months.

Rodney

Twoflower

I don't envy you this Rodney - it's appreciated

T