PDA

View Full Version : When Post Shows Up Blank

pasara
13-12-2009, 11:31
This has happened to me twice in the last week or two. I write out a response, but then when I submit post, it shows up as blank.

Then I will go back and do it again, this time clicking on preview post, and instead of a preview it will just show the same page with the posting box.

Then I try editing the blank post, and when I click on edit there all my writing is in the white box, but again when I click on save changes, it again shows as blank.

Both times this has happened I have used the quote option and gone back and forth a bit between posts, but am cutting and pasting and generally typing the same way I always do.

Anyone know what might be going wrong?
Thanks for help!
-pasara

Sulis
14-12-2009, 00:48
I think it's just a forum glitch that happens every now and then.

Alta
14-12-2009, 02:48
I wind up rather painfully posting and reposting, adding one sentence at a time until I find where the glitch is occurring. It could be anything, an extra space, literally anything. It takes patience but they can be made to appear.

pasara
14-12-2009, 03:27
ok, thank you sulis and alta.

Solandia
14-12-2009, 10:50
Hi pasara, check your quote tags as well. From memory, if a bracket (the [ or ] symbol) is missing it can cause the whole post to show up as blank.

pasara
14-12-2009, 10:58
thanks guys. i thought i checked over my post meticulously (mostly because I became obsessed with why it wasn't showing up -- a test of wills!) but obviously i must have missed something. the quote tags make sense since in both cases i was quoting multiple members.
thanks again!