If XXI The World was represented by flowers...

KafkasGhost

...which flowers would symbolically be appropriate to represent the angel, the bull, the lion, and the eagle?

nisaba

KafkasGhost said:
...which flowers would symbolically be appropriate to represent the angel, the bull, the lion, and the eagle?
The bull, oxalis.

The lion, Cats-ear.

The eagle, maybe a carnivorous plant like a pitch er-plant? or Eyebright?

The angel is tricky. How 'bout Trumpet-vine (for specifically the Judgement Angel)?

KafkasGhost

Nisaba,
I love your recommendations, thank you! Were they based on appearance or do you have insight as to their correspondences with these flowers?
They're all different, with gorgeous colors and shapes.
Hmm...

Brigid

Taurus the Bull ~ Mugwort ~ for it's stubborness to be taken out! Plus associations.

Leo the Lion ~ I can't decide between Calendula or Sunflower...

Eagle / Scorpio ~ Red Rose.

Angel / Aquarius ~ Lily of the Valley.

KafkasGhost

By way of background, I am planning an ink piece which will "repurpose" a Dancing Natraj/Shiva to which I no longer relate. However, the artist suggested that instead of covering up the Shiva, I reintegrate it into a new design. I had originally wanted a garden with many bright flowers so I thought, why not reintegrate Shiva as the dancer in XXI The World but not be so literal by including the bull, eagle, angel, and lion. I could still have my garden and incorporate my involvement with tarot by using flowers which would represent these 4 symbols.
I love the idea of a super garden so why not ALL of the flowers suggested! ;0)

nisaba

KafkasGhost said:
Nisaba,
I love your recommendations, thank you! Were they based on appearance or do you have insight as to their correspondences with these flowers?
They're all different, with gorgeous colors and shapes.
Hmm...
Oxalis basically for the play on words, but cattle do love it (and are injured if they eat too much of it).

Cats-ear, again, but its leaves have been said to resemble carnivores' teeth.

Eagles are flesh-eaters, hence the choice of carnivorous plant, and are far-sighed, hence the choice of a herb that is tonic to eyes.

And again, the Angel, well the Judgement Angel has a trumpet in many decks. Trumpet vine seemed logical.

Cerulean

Aquila the Eagle and Columbines

http://www.ehow.com/about_5364934_meaning-columbines.html

I was thinking of Eye Bright, but couldn't think of the real name, then I thought of Aquila the Eagle...and Columbines came up. The shape of the flower and the eagle spur, supposedly...but it is also neat their name has 'aquila' for eagle...

What a fun idea and I really think this flower-animal correspondence would be great for many different illustrations!

Cerulean

KafkasGhost

Cerulean said:
http://www.ehow.com/about_5364934_meaning-columbines.html

I was thinking of Eye Bright, but couldn't think of the real name, then I thought of Aquila the Eagle...and Columbines came up. The shape of the flower and the eagle spur, supposedly...but it is also neat their name has 'aquila' for eagle...

What a fun idea and I really think this flower-animal correspondence would be great for many different illustrations!

Cerulean

That is all kinds of gorgeous that columbine! I've been keeping a file of collected images of all the flowers mentioned thus far. Every one of them has a singular beauty and different color. This is going to be a fun project and hours of fun under the needle (this is a good thing).

Thanks for your explanation, Nisaba!

Hemera

angel-pink rose (the old and original kind with an open flower and just 5 petals,)
bull-dark Cattleya orchid, maybe chokolate brown
lion-orange Day Lily
eagle-oh yes, the Columbine

KafkasGhost

Most excellent Hemera!