Cosmo Astrotaro by Carol Herzer

Chaka

What Is Astrotaro Anyway?

Yes it is used as an oracle. But it has all the basic elements of tarot, and I created it to use as a tarot, but more specifically user friendly to astrology. There is a full major arcana. Each card of that also represents either a planet or one of the 12 houses, (which parallel signs.) The court cards are all there, and they are the personality types, manifested as the 12 signs. The four knights (ther e are 16 tarot court cards) represent the four elements, and since the four elements are so important, they also appear as the four aces. What's left of tarot structure is the minors (but the courts are already accounted for). as a one to ten sequence ,they are represented only one time through, as the aspect cards, conjunction trine, square, etc. These are number vibration energies. there is a card for the lunar nodes. to me it has become the soul mate card, it talks about fated connections, but there is more to that card than just that. I also use the chart when I do readings so I can look to see where their nodes are, as well as the other planets. The Astrotaro always sorts out the overwhelm of astrology, which can be just too much info. Astrotaro cuts it , gets to the important stuff.
I started using this deck myself in 1986. Yes again, each card will after time get it's own take, and I expect everyone who uses this deck will develop their own thing with it. My friend Susun Weed got one from me without titles and she uses it completely intuitively, as an oracle. the images lend themselves to that kind of thing. they stimulate the creative imagination.

I also do glitter and iridescent Astrotaro. In some ways it works even better than the Illuminated. The first one I did that way I said to myself this is what I made this for it is perfect for this.

OM Carol