Intuition - Comes and Goes

GryffinSong

I find that my inner tarot interpreter has been out to lunch lately. This is due, I think, to the trauma of dealing with cancer over the last year. I'm still feeling the fear and stress of that time, and although I often feel happy, I don't feel in touch with my inner knowing. My intuition. I have a sense that I'm on a cusp of it coming back soon. I even know some tarot things I want to try to get it back. But I'm fascinated by how this feeling of intuition, of insight, comes and goes depending on what's going on with me. Ditto with my creative energy re: painting and drawing and photography. When I'm depressed, or stressed, it goes out the window.

Anyone else find this to be true?

re-pete-a

This sort of thing was watched with interest.
When it occured was mostly when the thinking or 'in your head' kept the brain busy.

When the brain aint busy , the inner turbulance settles, allowing the slower or softer deeper feeling side to emerge.

Try to look at where in the body the breathing is happening.
It seems that when the brain is agitated the breathing is in the upper portion of the chest.
When settled the breathing is more in the area of the navel.

Just a personal observation.

Jaqueline

While I've never dealt with cancer (& I hope your okay!!!), I did go through a terrible period of depression that, yes, brought my artistic endeavors to a screeching halt - & that is my business, livelihood. I've never fully gotten back to normal, but it's slowly emerging - going on 5 years. My life is very different now, partly by choice, partly, well, that's just the way it turned out. But, through the depression is when I was drawn to tarot, & it played a role in getting me though the tough time. Of course, as a beginner, I wouldn't have trusted my intuition if I'd had any.

I think your intuition will come back - your body just had to send it's energy somewhere else for the time being.

Nytebugg

yes, I find this as well. although, sometimes I can begin to feel better when I read for others. Then again sometimes all I pull are misery and depressing cards for everyone. I'm still learning to trust my intuition.

Briar Rose

Me too. I can't paint or draw when I am upset or depressed. However, there are plenty of artists that produce their best work when feeling down.

I am sorry about what you had to go through this past year. It takes a very long time to get all those chemicals out of your system. I feel that is why you always feel on the brink of getting your intuition fully back.

It will happen. All the best to you! :heart:

Morgane_49

I hope your health is better now.

If I'm overly stressed about something, I struggle to read for myself. I cannot see the 'balance' in the cards. I can usually read for others.

We were recently having a discussion on another forum about different medications and how they can affect your intuition. Many people were complaining about the effect anti-depressants had on their tarot reading. I would think that many other meds could do the same thing.

Grizabella

Your body, mind and spirit were in survival mode. When that's going on, you're operating at a more basic level, so everything else is aside from that and rightfully so.

You'll come back to your intuitive best and more so. Just let it come normally and most of all, don't worry about it. You'll be better than ever in good time. :) :heart:

GryffinSong

Thank you everyone! As always, your kind words and support feel like a cozy warm blanket around me. Very comforting, and I will work on acceptance of my journey and try to let it come as it will.

Teheuti

I've found that my intuitive sense operates in cycles. I have periods when it is really strong and all kinds of synchronistic things happen, and then periods when it seems to be on a back-burner. I would imagine that it could be charted through my astrology (though what ticks off or inhibits mine would probably be different than yours or anyone else's as this would involve the whole chart plus transits and progressions).

However, I've often observed with myself and others that intuitive periods can sometimes follow a period of extreme stress. You turn off for a while and then, there's a point of release such that the stress/release cycle can suddenly concentrate, focus and intensify your inner impressions. A return to tarot can often be at a whole new level.

SunChariot

GryffinSong said:
I find that my inner tarot interpreter has been out to lunch lately. This is due, I think, to the trauma of dealing with cancer over the last year. I'm still feeling the fear and stress of that time, and although I often feel happy, I don't feel in touch with my inner knowing. My intuition. I have a sense that I'm on a cusp of it coming back soon. I even know some tarot things I want to try to get it back. But I'm fascinated by how this feeling of intuition, of insight, comes and goes depending on what's going on with me. Ditto with my creative energy re: painting and drawing and photography. When I'm depressed, or stressed, it goes out the window.

Anyone else find this to be true?

Absolutely, your intuition works best when you are calm and relaxed. The more stress you feel the more it turns off.

First, I am so sorry for all you have been through.

Second I have some books to suggest that might help. I am working with them both together now and they are really helping me in all ways. If you have not read them, I recommend them. First "Ask and It Is Given" but Esther and Jerry Hicks. I am still working though it but adore it AND "The One Thing Holding You Back, by Raphael Cushnir. (also about dealing with feelings)....actually I have the 4 CD set of it which I recommend as it has exercises to do to music, which of course the book verions does not have.

Babs