2010: how is it going to be for you?

Le Fanu

Surely someone has already done this? I looked and couldn't find anything. There's the PDR thread, but this is more general...

So how do you see 2010 for you in tarot terms?

I shall continue to unrepentently buy every single deck which grabs my attention and which I love. So there. Hence no need to feel sheepish at the end of 2010 when we come to reflect...

And I will read more for people. Just before Christmas I went to a dinner party and took my cards and read for two friends and had very positive feedback and this really boosted me up (I'm always so shy about these things, but found something liberating in reading for people I knew nothing about. Normally I only read for friends).

I think I shall naturally see my use of tarot reduce more and more to a limited number of decks. My core list consolidates. Just the favourites I go back to again and again. Sure I buy new decks to enjoy the artwork, but in terms of reading and study, the list shrinks...

emmsma

I have started an IDS only a month ago. I will endeavor to keep up with my study of the Tarot de Marseille. I am using the AGM deck. I am using the 78 weeks study in order to have the structure and sense of purpose that I find I need to keep moving with it.

I hope to become a better, more fluent reader with TdM. (There are so many decks waiting for me to meet this goal.)

I too am finding that my purchases are more focused as I am coming to know my tarot self. I've not purchased anything I've been disappointed in, in many moons!

yirabeth

Well, I'm of limited funding, so I won't be buying decks like crazy..I'll read the threads and live vicariously through you (And others like you) though! So much beauty packed on to little cards...

For myself, I've started an IDS with the love of my life, the Gilded Tarot. I hope by this time next year I can read more in the style I want. I'm also going to buy the Shadowscapes tarot...that one calls to me, much as my Gilded did when I purchased it...I'm withholding judgment right now, but it may be a very important deck to me.

That's my only planned expenditure. Just learn learn learn, that's my motto for 2010. Interesting that I'm a student also...lots of learning in my life :)

~Yira

Mellaenn

Le Fanu, I love your idea about making it a goal to go ahead and obtain whatever decks you like! Why pretend? I'm with you, so that's my first resolution - obtain more decks! With the caveat that I do spend time with new acquisitions.

Also, I intend to put a business plan together and get more focused on reading professionally (both F2F and online) rather than just letting it evolve as it has done.

Continue to take any classes or study groups I can to expand my Tarot knowledge base. I'm already booked for Readers Studio.

And last - but not least - I'll take another run at Thoth. Maybe I'll actually get out the deck and look at it :grin:

Lee

After 10 or 11 years of going at tarot-buying full throttle, I feel like I'm in a phase where I'm finally winding down in terms of my desire to continually buy new decks. In March of this year I had a big life change, I moved from a home in the country to a big city in another state for work (while still retaining my home in the country). Most of my decks were left behind, and I only have a few decks with me now, and I find it suits me. I've bought a few decks (Touchstone Tarot, Tarot Noir) which I'm enjoying, but I've stopped buying deck after deck.

I also find my tarot activities dwindling, with a simultaneous rise in my interest in playing cards. I'm studying the Hedgewytchery method and I look forward to putting it into practice. I'd also like to experiment and see if the meanings can also work with non-scenic tarot decks. If so, I may end up doing most of my reading with non-scenic tarots and playing cards, and maybe once in a while read with those scenic decks I love (like the Touchstone and the Haindl, or the Centennial RWS).

Also, I never get to read for real live people, so I'm looking forward to the Readers Studio in NY, where maybe I'll get the opportunity to read for some real live victims -- um, querents. Maybe I'll even bring my playing cards. :)

The crowned one

I hope to read more, and for more people. Acquire one or two good antique decks this year....only... :D

Develop a greater understanding of my interaction between the cards and the person I am reading for.

hunter

I've really fallen in love with the Zerner-Farber deck and the book " The Instant Tarot Reader" when I want a large spread, but have little time to do one, or am brain dead. If I don't really have a question, but just want to self-soothe by doing a reading, I use a card from The Tarot of Transformation as card #1 and the subject of the spread. I was calling it the "purple KISS (keep it simple stupid) IDS" but the IDSers don't think it's an IDS...so...I guess it's just what I'm doing intensively with my deck each day :-0 Anyway I've been doing some amazing, instructive, comforting readings and will continue my intensive nonIDS, by myself. Usually doing at least one CC a day.

I've also downloaded and printed out some of the MAAT stuff from lulu.com and will follow the moon cycles with it and do a card a week for each of the moon phases. The swords/fire, wands/air fits better with the hereditary witchcraft course I'm taking than the RWS clones. I will use this deck for my seasonal altars, rituals, etc.

I intend to take the MAAT study slowly and continue to read with the ZF for now. The artist Julie is being a huge help at the MAAT study group! I hope to maybe see some of you join in.

I built an altar for the purple KISS decks and am starting to figure out how to put up an altar for the MAAT and my moon phase studies.

I probably will buy decks, but think it will slow way down. I think I'll be more likely to buy astrology books right now and crystals.

iceclone

I'm going to be more careful with my tarot deck purchases. I think I just went crazy there for a bit.. just afraid of the decks being out of print. But for the most part, I'm happy with my purchases this year. Only a few decks that didn't resonate with me (the fairy ones mostly)...

Alpha-Omega

MY Tarot goal for 2010 is to write my own Book. I am already working on it, I hope I have enough material since it wont be a "cook book" of meanings, I want to have it done and published in the Fall.

Other than that, expand client base, get more decks (some old rare ones maybe) I just found a Hoi Polli deck :) I also want to do some more serious study and I want to go to readers studio but lets see how money is doing with that.

thorhammer

Le Fanu, if it's victims you need, we'd love to see you in the Circles ;)

I am going to colour a deck for myself. Other than that, I don't have much in the way of plans. My study of the Blake Tarot will continue indefinitely, then I'll probably move on to another of my meaty decks - the Ceremonial Magick or maybe just back to the Thoth. Or maybe away from the overtly masculine decks for a while, back to something gentler, sparklier, more hopeful . . . the Gaian is coming in Autumn ;)

\m/ Kat