First Time in a Cafe

pasara

This morning I did my first public readings in a cafe in my area. I have only done readings for family, friends and acquaintances before. It was new to do short readings and not the full deal. I felt always the urge to go deeper, but these were just shorties to get my name out there. I wasn't charging. This is a small and very interactive community, so this is the best way to advertise and network. Also, in the future I would like to read regularly at this cafe, so this was also to work the deal on that for the future. I gave everyone my card at the end and said to contact me if they were ever interested in a full reading.

It went really well. I did about 7 readings in an hour and a half.

What was really funny was that I did all three people involved in a love triangle. I didn't know this at first, but put it all together afterward. I don't think they knew that the others were having readings done too. It was an Aha moment when I realized the King of Wands in an earlier reading was the guy in front of me! All three asked about the same situation, but none of them directly, all from a different angle! That was wild!

re-pete-a

That was a good Ah Ha moment.
Hows the butterflies, settled yet?

Personally , theyre still a force even years later, but SHUSH on that one.

nisaba

<grin> I did a husband-wife sequence once, on a busy day, and they were a few readings apart and I didn't at first realise they were together. The wife's reading was all romance and roses, his was all restlessness and wanting to get away but needing to be seen to do the right thing.

Both their readings reflected their own feelings, not their partners (neither had asked about their partner).

A third one in the mix would have made it even more -er- interesting.

pasara

Thanks Pete.

Butterflies are snug in their cocoons. Overall felt pretty good once I got going. There was just always that moment when I had finished my shtick and I didn't yet know what they are thinking, unsure whether I was on track or way off and came up with something that didn't at all make any sense to them, they all seemed to try to sit there with a poker face. Then they opened their mouth and it comes out the knew exactly who or what I was talking about, and inwardly I just let out a huge sigh of relief.

pasara

nisaba said:
<grin>

A third one in the mix would have made it even more -er- interesting.
...er, interesting is right!

<*chuckle*>

makes my life looks absolutely dull! (thank god!)

re-pete-a

Just an ah ha moment,

dont restrict the butterflies activities, their cocoons are attached to threads of connections.
They are your wings of mental flight, messengers, and whisperers of insights.

Harden up and you may server your connections.

As pink Floyd sang.

'with the power of a thousand butterfly seasons' may your mind flutter.

pasara

re-pete-a said:
dont restrict the butterflies activities, their cocoons are attached to threads of connections.
They are your wings of mental flight, messengers, and whisperers of insights.

Harden up and you may server your connections.
Oh no, I just meant once I got going I felt more confident. The butterflies were there before I started and in those moments just before the feedback (conversation) began.
I don't think my problem is overconfidence, believe me!

re-pete-a

Come on,Give it back Pasara,

That was a AH HA moment for RPA, which was shared with you.
Not a judgement leveled AT you, nor a caution either.

You did well to even start public readings.

Each to their own.

pasara

re-pete-a said:
Come on,Give it back Pasara,

Sorry, I do not understand Australian. What exactly does this mean??
:confused:

p.s. Thanks for the pat on the back! :)

re-pete-a

Most people dont speak Australian propper like. 'Cause it's mostly slang (odd viewpoints on a subject)

SO
Translation :
Come on, give it back.

Hurry up Pasara and give it back ,It's not yours to keep, it was shown to you for your examination and curiosity.
It's on loan for a very short time. It's not a give away.

In National dialect:
c'arn' 'avvit Pasara, givvit 'ere. Ezsnot ferya ta keep ya 'no.

Cleer ez smudd ? Unna ztan ?

Hope this has cleared up the misunderstandings.