All About Giclée

iceclone

Hi! Does anybody here buy Giclée prints of their favorite tarot? I've been buying prints from Deviant Moon, and I'm very much impressed by it. I've actually framed the aces that I bought... they look so pretty!

I also bought some prints from Baba Studio ... but I'm still waiting for their arrival so I can't make any comments yet on how they look. But I just noticed that there's not much choices on the Victorian Romantic. I really like that High Priestess card but it's not available as a print.

Which giclee prints do you buy and how do you present them? Do you frame them? File them as a collection? Feel free to share your opinions.

Briar Rose

of course you frame them. Lucky you!!!

strings of life

I have 3 Giclée signed prints from Lisa Hunt's The Fairy Tale Tarot and they are beautiful: The Star, The Mentor (The Hierophant), and the 2 of Swords. It's one of my favorite decks artwise and the large prints--soon to be framed--will be treasured always.

I've been meaning to get one of The Deviant Moon prints (The World), but there's only so much wall space. Maybe when I have enough space for a Tarot room/study LOL.

iceclone

A tarot room! How cool would that be! I think it's very inspiring.

I missed out on "The World" print of the Deviant Moon. It's not in his website anymore. But I wanna get that too once it's available again.

http://www.deviantmoon.com/prints/printshoppe.htm

It's a very expensive collection! Imagine buying 78 prints (if it ever comes to that)... LOL

Myrrha

iceclone said:
Hi! Does anybody here buy Giclée prints of their favorite tarot? I've been buying prints from Deviant Moon, and I'm very much impressed by it. I've actually framed the aces that I bought... they look so pretty!

I'd love to see a picture of how they look framed. Did you hang them all together?

gregory

iceclone said:
A tarot room! How cool would that be! I think it's very inspiring.
I recommend it highly. :) Then again - I really had no choice ! No more space on the walls for prints though - I have a few I was given, lucky me, and one I won here.

Alta

I have one framed from the Tarot of Prague (the 8 of pentacles) which I won in a contest here, one from framed from the BB Cats, with the original cat. I loved it because it looked like my late cat Charlie so much, so I jumped in and got a print before the 'draft' disappeared from their hard drives. I also have a framed print of Strength from Place's Seven-fold Mystery deck. But, like others you run out of space so I have a few prints propped up or in a binder of tarot art.

iceclone

gregory said:
I recommend it highly. :) Then again - I really had no choice ! No more space on the walls for prints though - I have a few I was given, lucky me, and one I won here.

Congratulations gregory! What print did you receive? I wish I could win something here too.

Myrrha said:
I'd love to see a picture of how they look framed. Did you hang them all together?

Ok Myrrha, I'll take a picture this weekend and post it here. Not all of them are hanged yet, just the ace of cups. I'm just staying at a furnished condo so I have to ask permission first before redecorating... =D

Alta said:
But, like others you run out of space so I have a few prints propped up or in a binder of tarot art.

I'm going to look for a binder for the rest of them too. I don't think I can afford framing every art print I buy. Any suggestions for a binder? I can't use a regular 3-ring binder for my Deviant Moon prints because they are big... even the medium prints are kind of big (love them!).

ETA: I received my Baba Prints today! Prints look good but they're too small for framing... I wish they would bigger prints as an option next time. Also, I ordered the "Lovers" print and mine is only #2. I'm guessing not many are buying prints...

iceclone

Alta said:
I have one framed from the Tarot of Prague (the 8 of pentacles) which I won in a contest here, one from framed from the BB Cats, with the original cat. I loved it because it looked like my late cat Charlie so much, so I jumped in and got a print before the 'draft' disappeared from their hard drives. I also have a framed print of Strength from Place's Seven-fold Mystery deck. But, like others you run out of space so I have a few prints propped up or in a binder of tarot art.

Would you post pics too if you have the time? =D Thanks!

irmata

iceclone said:
I missed out on "The World" print of the Deviant Moon. It's not in his website anymore. But I wanna get that too once it's available again.
It IS! Just re-released! :D

http://www.deviantmoon.com/wordpress/?p=346

I've had to resist the latest prints due to $$$ and I reeeeeeally want the 2 of Cups :(