Get off your...

214red

A$$!
Sometimes when i do readings, you hear someone moaning about their life, or they are asking for the millionth time "what does he/she think of me " when its someone they have yet to speak to...i want to say, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

so many times people ask for guidence on the issue through tarot, and then they come back with the same question again having done nothing about changing the situation. i am sad to say most of these people are tarot people....

i think some people expect tarot to do the work for them!

I example was i read for someone last year, he was going to move jobs and wanted to know what the impact would be and if there was any advice the cards could give him. I gave him the reading and it would bring some exciting things into his life, and be a time for renewal. A year later he asks why these things never happened, i try and explain that i read for what would happen if he made the change, he didnt make the change so the reading is null and void! Now in the reading i did pull a few cards to see what would happen if he didnt move, and guess what...it said then he would have more of the same!

now with paid readings its not a huge issue, if they want to waste their money on readings over and over then go ahead, but free readings for friends etc ARGHH its soo annoying.

In some readings i have now started to say G.O.Y.A, or an equivilant thing!

Anyone else have this issue.

Nik

Alta

I also get the impression sometimes that some folks think that if the cards fall right, then whatever they want to happen, will happen. And without effort from them. I think that is called 'magical thinking'. :)

Alta

gregory

Alta said:
I also get the impression sometimes that some folks think that if the cards fall right, then whatever they want to happen, will happen. And without effort from them. I think that is called 'magical thinking'. :)
Not only that - but that the cards will make the RIGHT decision for them. So then they might even do something they think the cards said (because that was what they wanted them to say) when they didn't and then blame you for their not listening.

Though - I don't feel the GOYA until the cards say it - I don't feel able to decide for people and offer advice BEFORE the cards give the message. Because even if they do come in LOOKING some way or other - I don't know them well enough. In the case of friends - I avoid reading in case my knowledge does make me prejudge and read accordingly.

SunriseDesire

this is interesting. i wonder if i inadvertantly fell into this category! :( you see, i was talking to an ex and asked the cards what would happen if i told him i still have feelings for him. i got ace of cups, 2 cups and 4 wands. i waited for a chance to tell him and before i knew it, he disappeared. now i wonder if i was/am supposed to just send that email. wow. food for thought!

KafkasGhost

It's probably also a good time to exercise compassion.

Out of fear (fear of change, fear of success) or lack of tools to go about bringing change, or just wanting to hear something positive but no cajones to do anything about it, some just stay complacent and expect things to happen around them w/o effort.

It might be so clear for the person giving counsel to know what needs to be done and perhaps we can give credit for someone wanting at least to know or be aware but it just may not be the right time for them to REALLY understand or know and do something.

We do the best we can and accept that someone may not want to listen right now, but we are compassionate for their fear or lack of motivation or whatever. I find that when I get annoyed with situations like this, it's my own reflection in that person that's ticking me off.

Mazzle

gregory said:
Not only that - but that the cards will make the RIGHT decision for them. So then they might even do something they think the cards said (because that was what they wanted them to say) when they didn't and then blame you for their not listening.

And not only that, one or two go looking for the "right" decision and then when it doesn't suit their expectations/hopes, dismiss the cards and question your interpretation. It's hard to read for someone who is point blank denying the reality of a situation and starts casting aspersions when the cards are calling things very clearly. :(

214red

campassion should always be excercised, there is a difference between people who are are scared of change, and people who seem to think that things should come to them.

KafkasGhost

214red said:
campassion should always be excercised, there is a difference between people who are are scared of change, and people who seem to think that things should come to them.

Unfortunately, it is the latter who seem to need more compassion for that level of "ignorance" (in the philosophical, not intelligence, sense).

shadowdancer

I think the one that always managed to raise a few neck hackles on my part was the question I often saw on pyschic line run TV programmes.
The question often texted in was: "Will X/Y/Z (delete as appropriate) contact me before the end of the week?"
How the readers managed to do a reading on that always amazed me. I was in effect screaming at them through the TV "WHY DON'T YOU CONTACT THEM AND MAKE A FIRST MOVE IF YOU WANT TO MEET UP WITH THEM!!"

I was also wondering if it was just showing how inane things are regarding text messages. I know I am a bit of an old dinosaur when it comes to mobile phones, having sent only a handful of messages in my whole life, but come on - is that really a question I would waste time answering with a tarot reading? No. It would be taking money under false pretences and I would feel I have sunk lower than my ethics would want me to.

Davina

nisaba

Alta said:
<with vast contempt> I personally think it's called abrogation of responsibility, or in small words, stupidity.

I do tend to make a point of indicating to clients during readings that it is up to *them* to bring it about - the cards talk about likelihoods, not nailed-down certainties.