Ever just go blank?

AmethystEyes

I was doing a reading and laid out a card and nothing......just nothing....nothing came to my mind, I had a block. I think I needed to relax more and open myself up to let it come to me. This happen to others?

Mellifluous

Yes, it happens to everyone at one time or another. Don't worry. :)

Grizabella

It's very common. Don't even worry about it. Don't try to force it and it will all come back to you. You might just need a break or maybe you just weren't meant to get anything right then.

tarotlyn

:heart: DA...it is possible that Mercury retrograde caused that...LOL

It went retrograde a few days ago and will go direct on Jan. 15th...
...that might have caused a gap in "communications" between your cards &
your subconscious mind :bugeyed:

...or sometimes if you are tired or distracted with a lot going on in your life, can
cause this too...

If you get blocked like that, and depending where and how you are doing the
reading (for just yourself or for another?)...you could either pull out a book
or just keep adding "clarification" cards to that "blocked" card until you feel you
have broken though the block... (worth a try):)

Big Hug
:):heart:tarotlyn

yirabeth

Instead of Writer's Block it's Reader's Block...hehe Reassuring to know, though, that those who've been practicing for a while get it too :)

When that happens to me, first I try just skipping that card, read others around it til something sparks..or I'll use tarotlyn's suggestion and pull out the book and look at keywords and see if that sparks anything...or I'll get whiny and claim to my spirit guide, "c'mon I'm new here, gimme a break!" I suppose that one won't work forever though...

~Yira

Isarma

It happens to me too, lots of times, and for some of them I've got a theory:

If you are reading to someone, that person is asking something, there ares things that the person wants to see revealed, and are other things, important information that he / she is occulting... normally that goes with the first card in the spread, sometimes in the middle etc...

Try to figure out what he / she is hidding, from you, that is not supposed for you to guess, it's a key information for your reading, the key of the context, the salt, the pepper of it and it changes it all.

Sometimes when I pull a card and... nothing... I ask: is there anything I should know to contextualize this reading...? Often there is ;)

If you are reading for your self, stop and think all over the situation and reformulate your question.

What do you guyes think of this??

moonsoul

This happens to me once in a while and I tend to get frustrated over it which doesn't help. Sometimes I'll wait a few minutes to see if anything will come to me. If not I'll rephrase the question.

pasara

If you are reading alone, leave the spread out, take a break and go do something (as Monty Python folks would say) completely different. When you come back take a look again. It may be that suddenly it will be right there in front of you. I've experienced thsi.

If you are reading with the querent in front of you, what has worked for me is to just start talking. Describe the card, go over the usual stock meanings of each. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting going and then the real message of the cards begins to flow. It's kind of like when your pen isn't working so you get it going by scribbling in the corner of the page.

celticnoodle

oh yeah! happens to me. sometimes, I will write down the cards and come back to it later. or just leave the cards as they lay--and come back to it later. it can be frustrating when it happens.

i've had it happen while i was reading a client-face to face. came to this one card and just BLANK! NOTHING! NADA! :bugeyed: i just quickly threw a few more cards and even some of them I couldn't think of what to say! finally a card that released me, and I read it and went on. I just couldn't think of what those other cards were saying! so, I just skipped over them and hoped to God that the client wouldn't ask me about those specific cards-as I am sure I even went white as it happened and it must've been obvious to her that I had no idea what they were saying. this is why i prefer to read via phone or net--and not face to face!

Umbrae

OMG Embrace it. Embrace those moments!

It is not readers block.

It's really you moving from amateur-wanna-be to something with far more substance.

It is not some retrograde whatever.

Its your own roots tapping into the deepest well with the purest water to enrich your soul.

You may find http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10197 helpful, or confusing.

All I can stress it that those blank moments are sublime. Let the stillness wash over you – enlightenment iis not what you think...enlightenment only occurs when your brain freakin stops.

The blank spot means 'the committee' just shut their collective mouths...

If your left brain is talking, you'll never hear the voice of God.

Fall into the stillniess of nothing with your whole heart...