New Years Eve Tarot

nisaba

With four and a quarter hours to go until the magic moment when the years change, and no lights yet on in my house (it is, after all, only slightly after Summer Solstice!), I'm thinking of lighting some candles for New Year and doing a New Year's Reading.

I somehow think my Granny will be involved.

You can see the local fireworks from my front door - I think I'll share them with Granny and my SOL deck.

Thoth went out with me yesterday when I left the house - and she did a fabulous reading, I kid you not, for my cat! I looked at the fall of the cards and thought "Wha-a-a..." - then the penny dropped and I realised who it was for. The "story" that the cards told me was just all about her unhappiness in her previous household, her near-miss with death (they nearly put her down) and her resettling happily into my home. Despite the ongoing deplorable lack of cream in my household, the deck told me, her up-coming year will be one of the Cat that Stole the Cream.

When you don't actually ask a specific question of the cards, you need to catch clues quickly, and unlike the Granny Jones Deck, the Thoth doesn't have a whole range of cat-cards to point me in her direction. I just had to think about the cards and how they spoke to me, until my brain went <<<BOIIING!>>>.

That's my mental exertion for this year, I think.