First "Pro" reading gig

souljourney

Myself and another person, divinemsm on here, got approached to read at a New Years/Blue Moon event.
I didn't really feel like I knew my cards (Pathfinder's Animal Deck) well enough, so I declined.

Well... I got there and Divine was there but the other 2 readers didn't show. A few friends wanted readings so I said ok, then asked the organizer if she wanted a reading... it was on from there. Got great tips and was non-stop busy for 3 hours except to get a little plate of food.

I did 2010 Animal Totem Readings... pulled 3 cards from the deck and went over that animals message for the year. I also encouraged the sitters to research the animals and see what ways they could incorporate those lessons we talked about, etc. into their lives this year.

It was amazing... it seemed everyone's readings really fit their situation and/or brought a whole new facet to look at. They were all really encouraging. I was feeling totally buzzed afterwards... Divine said the same thing!

I gotta do that again!!!!!!! SOON!

satinangel

Congratulations! Job well done!

franniee

That is awesome SoulJourney!!!

I bet it was extra special because of the blue moon! :heart: My readings are charged by the moon - full moons being the best. I still get buzzed from parties! :)

And you began something new for the new year - so very very cool!!

I love the idea of animal totem readings. Very interesting! I would have enjoyed one too. :heart: Keep it going all year. :)

starrystarrynight

Good for you!!! I hope you get to do it again soon!

divinemsm

It really was alot of fun and she totally bailed my butt out of the fire!! It just worked out really well because we were both reading something different. We read for a lot of the same people, and they just kept coming. All we needed was a bouncer with a clipboard!!

divinemsm

Oh and a really huge piece of hematite. We were both lit up like Time Square when we were done!!

Umbrae

Grats...

I always found the KC was a much better audience for readings than press wold imply. Someday I'll get back there.

You guys rock...

Mellaenn

Congrats, you guys. I can relate to the exhilaration of the experience. I have only begun doing readings out in "the world" (for strangers) in the past year. I still get a little thrill as time after time, the cards are so true to each person's question.

By the way, I'm a Floridian now but I'm originally a Missouri girl - grew up in St Louis. Let's hear it for the Midwest!

souljourney

Wishing I was in Florida right now!! It's -4 degrees. And our heater went out last night.. all fixed now though!

re-pete-a

Now that you've tasted the limelight, you can kick back n say, ticked that box and we're all happy.

NOT !

Youve been bit, you wont be happy till you can do it again, an again an etc.

job well done there.